2| "PADFOOT'S PAST"

two padfoot's past

two padfoot's past

🦋

'GIRLS, YOU NEED to get up.'

    'Five more minutes, 'Mione,' Charlotte groaned, turning over in her make-shift bed on the floor of Ginny's bedroom.

    'You've been saying that for an hour!' Hermione sighed.

    'Not everyone's an early bird like you.'

    'Ginny, you're not exactly a night owl ei— Ouch!'

    Hermione cowered as Ginny launched a pillow at her before covering her head with her duvet. Charlotte started sleepily giggling, becoming the next target for Ginny's attacks.

'I can't believe how lazy you two are,' Hermione huffed, picking up strewn articles of clothing off the floor, from the girls' fashion-show the night before. 'Have you even packed? We won't be coming back once we leave.'

Hermione had arrived at the Burrow the day after Charlotte and with Ginny, the three girls held their long-anticipated, week-long slumber party — much to the annoyance of the boys. They baked until past midnight, set up obstacle courses around the house, held speed-reading competitions, discussed politics and, of course, talked about boys. Ginny, as much as she tried to suppress it, definitely had a thing for Harry, which wasn't helped by him saving her life the previous school year.

    It was soon the closing of August, the last day of the summer holidays, and as much as everyone would have preferred to spend the final day free from timetables and homework and lessons by having a lie-in for once, slightly more pressing matters were at hand. When Arthur returned home from work the previous day, he had heard news that Harry had ran away from his awful Muggle relatives ('He finally escaped!' Ron had cried gleefully). Charlotte, Fred and George were much more fascinated in the Harry-blowing-up-his-aunt scenario, and Ginny was more concerned with whether they were going to be hosting him at home. The latter received her answer when Arthur explained that Harry had been staying in the Leaky Cauldron, the grubby old inn at Diagon Alley, so as a favour to the Ministry, Arthur volunteered to keep an eye on the boy in return for some transport to the train station come the first of September.