To Survive (Chapter 1 Part 13)

Fujisaki: But... what happens if we can't decide on who we think did it...? 

Taka: Well then, why don't we just vote right now? Majority rules!

Asu: That's a not a really smart move... I'm sure there's something else we can go on.

Yasuhiro: Yeah! Our necks are on the line here! Someone seriously needs to do something. For serious...! 

Celeste: Does no one have any other thoughts or questions? It does not matter how trivial they may seem... 

Aoi: Oh! As a matter of fact, I do have one question! 

Celeste: Oh... you...

Aoi: You don't gotta sound so disappointed!

Asu: It's ok Hina. What's your question?

Aoi: Oh yeah! Okay, so, umm... Well, I was just wondering, how'd the culprit get into Makoto's room in the first place? 

Sakura: Yes, how *did* the killer get inside? 

Leon: Maybe Sayaka just dropped the key somewhere and the culprit picked it up. That's possible, right? 

Taka: I don't think so. That seems way too convenient. 

Fujisaki: Then... maybe someone picked the lock?

Asu: Impossible, Monokuma told us that the locks were all unpickable.

Hifumi: Fine, how about this? The killer got in the easy way. They could've knocked and said they wanted to talk or something, and Miss Maizono just... let'em in!

Makoto: No that can't be it either. 

Hifumi: O-ho! Trying to argue against me? Sounds like someone doesn't know his place!  Hello!? Why, exaclty, can't that be it!? 

Makoto: Because Sayaka was already scared, remeber? That's why she asked me to switch rooms in the first place. Knowing what she'd been through, I just can't believe she would have opened the door for anyone. 

Kyoko: ... What if her being scared was a lie?

Makoto: Huh...? Wh-What the hell is that supposed to mean!? Why would she lie about something like that!?

Kyoko: I know you don't want to consider it, but look at this and tell me... can you still deny the possibility? 

Kyoko then showed all of us a note which said: "There's something I want to talk to you about, just us two. In five minutes, come see me in my room. Check the nameplates to make sure you don't get the wrong room, okay?"

Kyoko: I found a notepad during my search, and I shaded in the top sheet with a pencil. And these are the words that appeared. 

Aoi: Oh man, I've totally seen people do that on detective shows! When you write, it can leave an imprint. Sketch over the next sheet of paper, and you can see the words! When I saw that, I was like "Holy crap! I better make sure I ripe the paper out before I use it from now on!" 

Kyoko: It's a pretty old-fashioned technique, but even the classics can be surprisingly useful sometimes. Oh, and I should also mention... I found the notepad on the desk in Makoto's room. 

Makoto: Huh!?

Kyoko: Which means, only someone who had been in Makoto's room before the incident could have written it. 

Togami: Then either it was Makoto, who lived there, or Sayaka, who switched rooms for a single night... 

Kyoko: So, Makoto... did you write this?