"It is not Over Yet"

"Numbing the pain for a while will only make it worse when you finally feel it."
           -Albus Dumbledore

Mishti POV

It was a long day but finally the truth is out and the real culprit is behind the bars , we are finally home. Everyone welcome us with so much love nd I can see the proud look on their faces for us.  After having dinner, we were sitting nd chatting but I suddenly started to feel uneasy or suffocated I can't understand why this is happening as everything is fine now. I excused myself from there giving reason that I'm tired and everyone buys that as they know how much we've gone through but Abir how can anything be hidden from him he also started to get up with me but I told him that I'm fine nd he should spend some time with family. As I feel guilty because of me he couldn't spend anytime with the family though I want him to come with me but I control my emotions and manage to make him stay there, I come to my room nd went towards the window to get some air but I was still feeling uneasy so I decided to take a shower. Just the moment I stand under the shower full 3 months was flashing back, Abir leaving me alone at the resort, I wasn't able to find him, karan attacking me, Abir finding me in the horrible state nd how he managed to take care of me who was then totally messed up. I was crying unashamedly now remembering how he never left me alone, how delicately he handled me like I'm some flower and will broke if there will be even a slightest of pressure. How he bear all the taunts from every member of the family for me. How he remain in guilt that it happened because of him. I put both of my hands on my mouth to control my loud sobs. I started to think how my Abir don't deserve the messed up girl like me. He only deserve love. After sometime I calm myself down with that I decided that it's enough now and from now on I've to be more strong, I'll try my best to make my Abir happy and make his all wishes come true.Also will not let any misunderstanding come in between us. When I came out of bathroom I saw Abir sitting near the window with his diary. After seeing me, he instantly put his diary aside and come towards me. Holding me with my arms he asked "Are you okay, angry chorni?" I gave a little smile and nodded my head as usual my ajeeb Rajvansh didn't buy that he make me sit on the bed nd knelt in front of me and said "I'm right here Mishti please tell me honestly how are you feeling?" The way he asked with so much sincerity in his eyes I want to hug him and cry my heart out but I controlled myself because it's already enough and he's handling the messy me from 3 months. He also needs a break so I made him sit beside me nd said
" Ofcourse Ajeeb Rajvansh I'm absolutely fine now and feeling relax just exhausted with whatever has happened today that's all. And a good sleep can make any exhaustion go away." He looked me with those suspicious eyes but didn't force further. He just nodded his head make me lay down inside the covers nd settles himself beside me and start caressing my head, I just love that when he does that it feels like I'm in the safe heaven I looked up at him and damn he just smiled while looking at me. Have I ever told he looks so uhm sexy when he smiles like that. He raised his eyebrows like he was reading my thoughts with the naughty smile he said " Close your eyes angry chorni as looking me like this you won't get any sleep sooner but if you've some other thoughts you know what I mean you can tell me I'mmore than happy to oblige that" I gave him a confused look first but then realized what he meant by that you naughty ajeeb Rajvansh I bushed at his words nd closed my eyes after a minute he kissed me on the side of head nd says "Mishti, I'm here"  I don't know with the beautiful thoughts of my Abir when I drifted into a sleep.
At some point in the night my pleasant dreams changed into vivid nightmares, but this time it wasn't about me getting harassed or me getting arrested by police instead it was Abir who was getting tortured by varun and some other man. They keep beating him then he fell down and fainted. By seeing him fainted I ran towards him screamed out in my dreams , but no one heard out.
I awoke terrified, crying my eyes out into my pillow. I gripped my blanket to my chest and tried to calm down, I tried to reach out Abir but not finding him make me more panic, the darkness overwhelmed me and I kept feeling the piercing pain, kept seeing Abir bleeding  nd me being helpless to save him.
I heard a door open but I didn't pay any attention, I was shaking with sorrow and fear. I hate that about nightmares. You can be perfectly fine, calm and collected and then Bam! You're a scared emotional mess.
Some one came up beside me and started to stroke my back. I heard Abir's soothing voice in my ear as he pulled me to him.
"Shh 'Mishti, it's okay, it's okay." He said as he pulled me up.

Abir POV

So today after a long damn day finally we could relax in relief with no fear. But when we were all sitting together and having fun Mishti excused herself for taking rest she looked a little pale I tried to follow her but she refused nd she made me sit there to spend some more time with family. After some time we all retired for sleep. I came to my room and sit near the window with my diary as Mishti was in bathroom after sometime she came our I noticed something is bothering her, her eyes were red I asked her what happen but she isn't letting me in. My heart always ache to see when she hide her feelings from me or when shuts me out but I don't force her as I know she will tell me when she feels right. After laying in bed nd making her sleep While caressing her head which I love to do because the calmness I saw at her face when I do this it gaves my whole satisfaction, we made a little light fun conversation and then she slept. While caressing her head looking her calm face I think about all the things what has happened during 3 months how I left her alone at resort and because of that she has gone through all the tough time, how strong she is , how bravely she fight with all the demons outside/inside her. My angry chorni didn't deserve that infact we both didn't deserve that , I make a promise to myself that it's enough now I'll make her happy , I'll make all her wishes come true, I'll love her little more everyday with those thoughts i kissed the side of her head and said "I'm here, Mishti" I don't know when sleep took over me thinking about my Mishti. I woke up in the middle of night for nature's call but when I came out of Washroom I saw Mishti , clutching the blankets, crying, whimpering nd shivering in fear. Oh No!! she is again have a nightmare,  I sat beside her and stroked her back, caressing her head, tried to make her look at me but it's like she isn't listening Anything. She was just continuously ramblimg my name 'Abir, Abir......' And I know this time her nightmare is not about herself it's about me. As I've never seen her this terrified before I hate to see her in this pain, when she have panic attacks I just wish I could take away all her fears, pain. I tried to calm her down then I couldn't take this anymore pulled her up to me nd start saying soothing words to her "Shhh.. Mishti it's okay, it's okay, I'm right here"

I sat where she had been lying down and then I laid her back down on my lap. She cried into me t shirt for a few moments as I continued to stroke her hair.
I keep telling her I'm right here, I love her so much....
She started to relax after me holding her close to my chest, hearing my voice and she slowly drifted off to sleep. But how could I sleep after seeing my wife in this state. I know sleep won't come so easily so I put her head into my lap nd brush out the bangs from her face. It's not over yet, she has fight with the demons outside and won but now it's  time to fight with her inner demons I have to take care of her more now but before that I need to take her to therapist as these panic attacks won't stop by itself it needed to be cured but she also has to let me in she can't just shut me out like this, she has to let her fears out. I can't see her suffocating  like this. I know she'll come out of her fears and I'm with her at every moment. While stroking her head I made a decision to make Mishti free out of all fears while looking at her I slept right there with Mishti's head in my lap.

A/n: Though I thought I'll make it 2 chapters story but after so many of you requested I decided to continue. Please ignore the errors.
All love.
     -Sakshi Arora