"New Friendship blooms "

"I don’t wanna run away, baby, you’re the one I need tonight.
No promises.
Baby, now I need to hold you tight, I just wanna die in your arms."

Mishti POV

It was a beautiful day with so many blissful moments with Abir and I'm so haapy today that I've done something for him which he enjoyed. I was just about to spill that i had already planned a surprise before when i wanted to propose him but thankfully I changed the topic because if Abir would come to know that because of Maa I couldn't propose him or my surprise was ruined. He again would take a U-turn and will stop talking to Maa atleast now he's on talking terms to her despite with the fact he's still little upset from her.

....................

It was in the late evening and Abir hasn't come back yet. I was started to get anxious but I didn't call him so that he don't get worried unnecessarily but to divert my mind I sat on my couch with the headphones on and listening music to calm down my nerves and draped a quilt across my knees. I didn't hear kunal coming into the room until he was right behind me. I squealed but somehow managed not to scream. I must say, that made me quite proud.
"Kunal!" I exclaimed, raising my hand to my chest "What do you want?" He laughed at my clear fright and sat next to me on my couch. I drew my legs up so he wouldn't sit on them.
He leaned back against the arm rest and sat facing me, an odd look on his normally stern face.
"Uhm....." he hesitated I said " What is it? You want say something to me? He stammered at first but then with a deep sigh he said "I actually wanted to apologise and thank you mishti." He said quietly, his voice choked by emotion. I lifted my eyebrow and tilted my head.
"What for?" He swallowed thickly before continuing.
"Let's start from apologies because I never said it to you personally and I should have done it long before but here I am today , I'm really sorry Mishti for always being mean or blaming you everytime even when you did nothing wrong." I tried to interrupt him as what's the point now it has all been done in the past and I've already forgave and forgotten. But he didn't let me , "Please don't stop me today I want to get this out from my heart from very long but today finally took a courage out so please..." after taking a long pause he continued "Not only that but I also want to apologise for my wife's behaviour towards you I'm sorry, I couldn't able to stop her unnecessary jealousy and her immature behaviour." I interrupted him "No, kunal you don't have to say sorry for........" he cut me in between "Why not Mishti, she always blames you no matter what but she needs to understand that this type of behaviour or the insult she throws at you can't be tolerated and being her husband I failed in that so please don't. I'm so sorry Mishti you were already going through hell and Kuhu made it even worse for you I don't know if I ever be able to forgive myself for not being here with you and Bhai when you both needed me the most." His eyes filled with tears, I placed my hand on his shoulder for giving him some comfort, I also wanted to say so many things to him like he isn't at fault but he didn't let me do that so he continued "I also want to thank You" I gave him a questioning look, he smiled and said "For making my Bhai the happiest , for loving him like no one else, for understanding him when no one else could because despite me being always close to him I never understood him or his feelings. I tried to stop him "No kunal, it's not true" but being the stubborn he is he didn't let me complete. "Yes, Mishti, it's true I never understood him, atleast not in the way you do and you always knew how he is feeling or what he's going through even when I failed or I would say I ignored in my stubbornness. What I'm saying is just Stay together Mishti , no matter what happens don't leave his side he won't be able to live without you". His voice broke at the end and a tear actually ran down his eye. My heart filled with empathy and adoration towards him by seeing his love for his Brother and I put a assuring hand on his hand gently and After a minute I said "Kunal you neither have to apologise for someone else behaviour nor you've to thank me because I did nothing in front of what Abir has done for me. But I assure you I'll never leave his side no matter whatever the situation will be and the truth is kunal even I won't be able to make it without him, I love him so much and tell me one thing why are you being so, so me." At this he laughed and in a serious tone he said " I promise Mishti, I'll try my best to make my wife understand and even if I couldn't I'll try she will not throw any insult or being mean to you from now. I smiled and said to him "Then you've to promise me one more thing kunal" he said "Anything " I nodded and said "If you ever need any help, ever need a friend, ever need someone to talk to the things which you can't even share to Abir I know you share everything with him but still , I promise-no, I swear, I'll be there." His eyes were filled with tears and then he says "Ofcourse Mishti we're a team now and bhai would be so jealous "
We higfived at that and laughed. I looked over at the door. With a concern in his voice he said "Bhai will be back home at anytime, Don't worry and I think I should leave now and you look so tired take some rest Mishti " He started to leave when I teased him "Yeah, go or your wife will say Mishti has taken away my husband too" he made a sad face and I laughed at that he too joined with me, in between the laughter he said "Bhai, really grows on you doesn't he?" I nodded my head. He sighed softly before patting the blanket. "Well, I've got to go, I just came to say sorry and thank you as It was long due, Take care Mishti" and he took a leave. I watched him leave with a small smile, I straightened my legs , leaned my head at backwards and closed my eyes.

Abir POV :

I entered into our room and couldn't see Mishti which make worried so I called her " Mishti, Mish...." I saw her sleeping on couch, a beautiful smile was plastering on her face and her quilt was on the floor. I go near her, knelt down and brushed away some locks of hair from her face. She slept so early, must be tired ofcourse as she has outdone herself today, I just love what she has done for me. I said in a lower tone "But don't exhaust yourself Mishti, nothing is important for me more than your health". With that I picked her up in my arms and she snuggled closer to me, I placed her on bed softly and covered her with Quilt. I sat beside her, she again snuggled into me I was caressing her head when someone knocked at door, there was none other than Nanko standing, smiling and leaning against the door frame. I gestured him to stay silent which he understood he come in silently and said in hushed voice "Bhai...." and then look at Mishti he continued " Why Mishti has slept so early? She didn't even eat properly since afternoon and now it's time for dinner and she has slept now anyway wake her up and come down Bhai Maa is calling for Dinner " to which I replied "Nanko let Mishti sleep I'll wake her up after sometime and will make her eat up the food." He nooded at that and said " That means you're not coming too" I looked at him but he raised his hands in defeat and said "okay!! I got it, you don't have to give me an angry look" he was about to leave but he stopped, turning around he said "Bhai, you look so worried, please tell me what's wrong" I said him in lower tone " Not here, Nanko let's talk outside". He got my cue and left. I again look at Mishti she mumbled "Abir..." in her sleep. I gave a sad smile to that and caressed her head after few minutes I kissed her eyes, securing her with blanket, I went outside..

A/n: I know the chapter isn't much about MishBir moments but I thought to explore Mishti and kunal's friendship. Wonder what has made Abir worried so much ? Guess? Give your feedback, again  sorry for the errors.
-All love
         Sakshi Arora