The Fear of loosing

Happy reading  folks!

"Lafz toh saare sune sunaye hai tu khamoshi mein dhund zikr apna"

It was a night and full family were sitting together and discussing the details of the plan as tomorrow was the big day as we have to trap that Varun into our plan to confess the truth and there's no place for any mistake as both my sister and wife's life was at stake. The only person was missing is my Strong angry chorni as we all forced her to take rest as I know how distraught she must be feeling but suddenly I felt her presence.

Abir!"
Despite all of the commotion and fear of what was going to happen I smiled as I heard her voice calling my name.
"Abir…Do you have a moment ?" She asked, a little out of breath.
"Of course." I replied, still smiling. Mishti took my hand and led me through the family towards our room I was anxious because of her panic attacks but I knew this time it wasn't her panic attacks it was something else because the way she took me in front of whole family without hesitating I can see her determined look. She pulled me into our room , shut the door and turned, grabbing my face looking into my eyes with so many emotions that it overwhelmed me and then she hugged me buring her face into my chest nd holding me so tight like she was trying to disappear into my arms I held her as tight as I can giving her the warmth, all my love, feeling of trust, comfort through my hug. I could feel the fear coming from her and I couldn't blame her. I was terrified too. Finally she pulled back and looked me in the eyes.
"Abir…I'm going to tell you something and it is going to be hard for me but I need you to trust me, okay?" I nodded slightly. "This could be the last time that you see me." Nd it shook me but she didn't let me speak nd continued "I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow so I wanted to see you, feel you one last time."
I could tell she had thought about all the pros and cons of our plan. Her eyes were looking directly into mine and believe me she never looked so determined this much before. I always knew Mishti is always the strong one, the practical one but still I gathered all my courage nd said
"Mishti…nothing is going to happen-"but she interrupted
"That's exactly it, Abir. I don't know that. I can't stand here and tell you that we will see each other again. I can't make that promise because if something happens and I couldn't keep it. Then what? But Believe me, though, every moment I am fighting, I'll only be fighting for you. I'll only be thinking of you, us, our love and how lucky I am that you love me so much. But I can't do anything more than that." She said all this in one go and With every word of her I was getting numb and didn't know how to react. And I was just thinking How could she say that? She knows I'm nothing without her, mere thought of loosing her is enough to make me feel lost, blank or numb.
I could feel tears running down my face as no matter how much I say this that nothing would happen still there's a fear and I thought of how this could be our last time together. But my stubborn angry chorni didn't stop there. she continued-
"I wish I could tell you how instead of saying these things we would be planning our most romantic honeymoon where it will be just you and me and the unconditional love we have for eachother, how I wish instead of all this mess which is created because of me you would be teaching me cooking with your stupid jokes, how I wish we would ho on l8ng cycle races where I make you loose but...." her voice started to tremble at the end and she continued "....but instead of doing all those things we are talking about how it might be our last night together whether we see eachother again or not.." Tears were running from my eyes as I started to breakdown but she kept running her thumbs over my tear-stained cheeks which left a tingling sensation under my skin.
I couldn't contain myself anymore and a thought of loosing her it makes me empty and I wrapped my arms around her and cried into the crook of her neck. The fear of loosing her was consuming me and I held her more tight into my chest
"I love you so much, I can't......" was all I could say between my sobs. Finally she released me

Mishti pov:

After pouring my heart out to Abir I released him but only for a moment as he suddenly grabbed and kissed me. I was startled at first because Abir is always the calm and composed one. Then I gave in and deepened the kiss because I need him, I need his love, his warmth , his comfort, I want to feel him. I can sense his fear but despite of desperation 'The kiss' was not crushing but soft and full of emotion. I could feel all of the love he had for me and I could feel all of the time we spent together in that one kiss. I could feel the time we spent sneaking out at night and taking walks. Or the time he surprisingly attacked me out of nowhere with those red balloons and noodles.. I could feel Every single moment we ever spent together I could feel all that in one kiss and I never wanted it to end. Finally he pulled away and everything that we had escaped from for a few short moments came crashing back down on us.
"I love you Mishti more than anything else in the world." With those words He wrapped me in his arms again.

To be continued

Sakshi Arora.