Chapter 9: The Scar

It's late at night when Yoshimura and Yomo come back to Anteiku. Upon entering, they see what Jason and Ayato had done to it. Looking around, they see Y/N holding onto where he was stabbed and seeing Touka trying to help him. 

"What happened?" Yoshimura asked. 

"Aogiri... Tree..." Y/N managed to say. 

"That's all I needed to hear," Yoshimura retorted. "Yomo, call everyone here." 

"Understood," Yomo replied.

A few minutes go by and everyone was at Anteiku. They all stood in place and no one was sure what to say. "So?" Y/N questioned. "Are we going after Kaneki?" 

Yoshimura put his head down and said "I'm afraid that none of us will ever see Kaneki ever again." 

"What the fuck did you just say?" Y/N asked. "You better stop talking out of your ass." 

"Y/N, relax," Kaya told him. 

Ignoring her, Y/N says "you can't be telling me that Kaneki is dead." 

"I'm not saying if he's dead or not. But if he is still alive, we might have a chance to save him," Yoshimura clarified. "However, we should expect the worst." 

"But we're still going after him, right?!" Y/N asked. 

"If you look at what we're heading into, you'll understand that it's too risky. Aogiri Tree is a powerful organization and not to mention the CCG reinforcements that will be storming their base. It's too dangerous." 

"What was this café's policy again?" Y/N asked. 

"If I may interject, why do you feel so strongly about saving Kaneki when you know what you'll have to deal with in order to save him," Yomo questioned. "Especially in your condition, it'll be suicide." 

"You really wanna know?" Y/N inquired. 

"I do," he answered. 

Y/N proceeds to take off his shirt. Everyone was confused at what the human was doing. Once his shirt was off, everyone saw two scars on his body. "You see these?" he asked while pointing towards his left shoulder that Touka gave him and the other on his stomach. 

"Yeah," everyone answered. 

Y/N turned around and showed one scar on his back right shoulder. "You see that?" he asked again. 

"When'd you get that?" Nishiki asked. 

"I'll tell ya," Y/N retorted. 

Many Years In The Past...

A young and happy Y/N was bouncing in his seat as his parents drove him to see his cousin, Koutarou Amon. "Happy to see Koutarou?" his mother asked. 

"Of course I am!" the young boy retorted. 

His father finally stopped the car at a house we Amon waiting out in the front yard. Y/N took off his seat belt, open the car door, and ran out to his cousin to hug him since they haven't seen each other in a long time. 

Both boys were filled with joy now that they got to see each other. Both of Y/N's parents came out of the car and chuckled. "Hey!" Amon said to them. 

"Hello, Koutarou," said the mother. 

"Hi," the father said. 

As everyone was having fun seeing each other again, Donato Porpora comes out and greets Y/N's parents. "Mr. and Mrs. L/N," he said. "It's great to see you." 

"It's great to see you too," Y/N's mom retorted. "And thank you for letting Y/N stay. He has really been wanting to see Koutarou." 

"You don't need to thank me. Why wouldn't I let Y/N see Koutarou? He's basically family to now that I adopted little Koutarou," Donato replied.