Chapter 12: The Conversation

Y/N and Touka were walking to Anteiku after a long day of studying. "This all better be worth it," Touka said. "I don't want to do go through all of this studying just not to get into Kamii." 

"Don't worry," Y/N said before wrapping an arm around his girlfriend. "If you want, I'll let you cheat off me." 

"You're such a good boyfriend," she said with a slight smirk before lightly elbowing him in the stomach. "But a dick for thinking that I would need to cheat off you!" 

"You're the one who's been asking me for help whilst studying!" Y/N retorted. 

Touka pouted while folding her arms. "Hey," Y/N said before poking her on the arm. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey." 

He kept poking her on the arm before she pushed his hand away. "Stop!" she told him. 

Y/N lightly chuckles. "Come on," he said. 

Touka sighs. "I just want to pass this test on my own. I'm asking you for help now so that I can be ready for the test when it comes," Touka explained. 

"I understand," he said before rewrapping his arm around her. "Sorry for hurting that little ego of yours." 

"Are you trying to get punched?" Touka questioned. 

Y/N chuckles once again. "You know that I'm just joking." 

"I do," she retorted. 

"Good," he said before kissing her on the cheek. 

Soon, the pair enter Anteiku. "We're back," Y/N told Yoshimura and Roma. 

"Y/N?" a familiar voice said. 

Y/N turned to his right and his eyes widen. "Shinohara?" he said back. 

Y/N walks over to him as the man said "I didn't expect you to be here." 

"Same here," Y/N retorted. "How long has it been since we lasted talked?" 

"Too long, I know that much," Shinohara replied. 

"Yeah, it has," Y/N remarked. 

"This is my new partner, Juuzou Suzuya," Shinohara introduced. 

"Hey," Juuzou said to Y/N. 

"Hey, I like your scars," Y/N told him. 

(Took me way too long to figure out that Juuzou is a dude). 

"Thanks, I made them myself," Juuzou explained. 

"Nice?" Y/N complimented confusedly. "All of my scars have been given to me by people." 

"Really? Lemme see!" Juuzou told Y/N while almost lunging at him. 

"Juuzou," Shinohara said while pushing him back. "Sorry about that." 

"It's fine," Y/N told him. 

"Good," Shinohara replied while rubbing the back of his head. 

"I don't wanna sound rude by asking this, but why are you here?" Y/N asked him as politely as he could. 

Shinohara explains the situation to him. "Hide, you fucking bastard," Y/N thought while on the outside, he was smiling.

"So, you want to know if Kaneki worked here or not?" Y/N questioned him. 

"Yeah, you were friends with him, right? Do you know if he worked here or not?" Shinohara asked. 

"In fact, he did for a bit," Y/N answered.