Chapter 6: If we're not prepared, we'll lose

"Fuli, where the hell have you been?" The whole guard was pretty upset with her.

"Nowhere, let's just keep on patrolling... and stuff." Fuli said.

"Ok... But anyway, what did you find last night?" Ono asked.

"Oh, right, I didn't see anything." Fuli didn't wanna tell them that the wolves was behind the attacks, she didn't wanna snitch on Kion.

"The buffalos lost two animals last night, are you sure you didn't see anything?" Ono asked.

"I'm positive, now let's continue with patrol." Fuli said.

Bunga walked up and saw Fuli close in her eyes.

"You're hiding something, you saw something, heard something, isn't that right, Fuli?" Bunga said.

"I don't know what you're talking about, c'mon, let's go." Fuli said and started the very late morning patrol.

But Bunga didn't believe her for a second, he knew she saw something, something that made her not showing up for patrol. The question was only what.

"Kion, do you give up yet?" Oscar laughed.

"Only because you're leading with 5-2? I wouldn't think so." Kion chuckled.

Oscar took the fruit and ran towards Kion's goal, but Kion were faster, he tackled Oscar, wich made him lose grip of the fruit and roll away, Kion then grabbed it and made a goal.

"Hey, no fair." Oscar laughed.

"By the way, it's now 5-3." Kion said with a superior look.

"Oscar, Kion, stop playing around, I need to talk to you." They heard a russian voice say, Sergey.

Both Kion and Oscar rolled their eyes.

"We're gonna attack The Pridelands, in about an hour." Sergey said.

"What, you didn't tell anything." Oscar complained.

"No, that's because if we would plan this, The Pridelanders would know."

Oscar and Kion gave eatchother a weird look.

"Wait, how the fuck does that make sense?" Kion asked.

"Do not question your leader, just obey orders, Kion."

"Sergey, I understand that you want revenge, we want too, but aren't it a good idea to plan the attack?" Oscar asked, somewhat annoyed.

"We're going in all launch attack, you know, kamekaze." Sergey said, then he turned around and went to prepare the others.

"What the fuck, we're gonna lose so easy if we're doing what he's saying." Oscar said.

"I know, but he's our leader, I guess we'll have to follow his orders.

"Yeah... I guess you're right." Oscar said.

"Oh... By the way, you know that cheetah you ran into last night? Fuli?"

"Yes? What's with her?" Oscar asked.

"Can you do me a favour and not kill her?" Kion asked.

"Why? Aren't she an enemy?" Oscar was confused.

"Yea, but for about an hour ago she actually came here and she helped me break up with Vitani, so yeah... We're friends again." Kion said.

"That would be great if we didn't have to fight against her." Oscar said.

"Yeah, but what do you say?"

"I... I'll try my best not to hurt her, Kion, but think about the others in the pack? They wouldn't care." Oscar said.

"That's why I need you to fight her."

"But Kion, what if I happen to hurt her, I don't wanna let you down?"

"I trust you, and I know you won't hurt her if you don't want to." Kion said with his iconic smile.

"Ehm... Ok, you have my word, Kion." Oscar said.

"Thank you, I knew I could trust you." Kion said.

"Fuli, we have a problem." Ono yelled from above.

"What's the matter?" Fuli responded.

"The zebras and gazelles are fighting over their grazing grounds again." Ono yelled.

Fuli let out an annoyed groan. "Really? Again?"

"C'mon, Fuli, it's not that bad." Beshte said.

"I know but can't they learn to share?"

"We'll see." Beshte chuckled.

When they arrived it was chaos. One zebra tackled a gazelle, one gazelle tried to bite a zebra.

"Gazelles, zebras, stop."

"STOP FOR FUCK SAKE!!!" Fuli yelled when no one listened.

"Thank you." She said sarcastically when everyone stopped.

"What's the matter, guys, we solved this problem last week." Beshte said, confused.

"We did, but the gazelles came back." 

"The grass is tastier here." A gazelle snapped.

"It's grass, it tastes all the same." Bunga said.

"Listen, gazelles, I understand if the grass is tastier here, but you're causing unneccesary trouble, trouble that we really don't need for the moment." Fuli said softly.

"Ugh... Fine." The gazelles went back.

"Great job, guys, now let's take a rest." Fuli said.

"I don't think that's gonna be the case, Fuli." Ono said from above.

"Ugh... What now? A guinea pig stuck in a hole? A giraffe with its tongue stuck?" Fuli said annoyed.

"No, it's wolves, and it looks like the whole pack."