The Funeral

It was Sunday, the day of the funeral. I was wearing a black dress that went just beyond my knees, I wore my light brown hair in a ponytail with loose curls, and my pale skin was duller then ever. I haven't slept in a while, I just don't want to have those nightmares, and I don't eat much either, I'm never in the mood.

The whole town was at the funeral. After Pastor Young said a few words, many people started doing speeches about how much they will "miss" them. None of them really care, they just say they do for show, it gets annoying. Soon it was my turn. I was the last one, as soon as I got up I felt very weak and dizzy but I had to say my speech, for Luca.

I walked up on top of the stage and started my speech,

"I can't believe they're gone, the people I cared about most. My mom was always happy, she could light up the room with her smile. My Dad was always the funny one, if you were having a rough, all you had to do is go to him and he would turn that frown upside down," I started to cry and get very light headed, "and Luca, my big brother, he was always there for me, even when I thought I didn't nee......." I clenched my fists and everything went black.

I was in a happy place, with Luca, Mom, and Dad. There was nothing wrong about it, and then I realised it had been the last time I was with them. I never wanted to leave, but my friends had other plans. I heard voices, first I heard Caroline's and then Matt and then a few murmurs I couldn't make out. I finally decided to open my eyes.

Matt looked down at me with a worried expressions, it reminded me of Luca, "When was the last time you ate and/or slept?"

I nervously looked side to side.

"Answer me," Matt commanded calmly.

"I haven't slept since last Saturday, and I haven't eaten since last Monday," I mumbled, "well, I've eaten here and there,"

"What!" Tyler exclaimed, "do you know what day it is today? It's Sunday!"

"I know," I said ashamed of myself.

"So your telling my you haven't slept since Elizabeth, Daniel and Lucas died," Aunt Katie worried.

"Did you already bury them?" I asked to no one particular.

"Yes," Elena, Bonnie and Caroline said.

I shot up, only to be laid back down by Jeremy, "So you're telling me that you buried Mom, Dad, and Luca without me!" I grew said, "everyone out of my room..... now!"

"Look, Rose I'm sor-," I cut Aunt Katie off.

"I don't want to here it!" I said, in a harsher tone. It wasn't that I'm angry, I'm just sad.

I snuck out of the house through the back door, I drove to the church. I met Paster Young at the church.

"Rose are you ok?"

"Just dandy Paster Young, do you know where my parents are buried?"

"Yes, please follow me,"

I was holding baby pink roses, Luca's favorite, and my diary.

"I'll leave you alone to talk,"

"Thank you" I nodded at Pastor Young.

I looked down at their graves and held the roses tightly. I felt the thorns jabbing into my hands, I laid 3 roses down on each grave. My hands had blood streaming down them dripping to the ground. I leant against Luca's grave and began to right in my diary,

*Dear Diary,

I hope everyone doesn't think I'm mad, I just want some time alone. Today was Mom, Dad and Luca's funeral. They buried them without me. Why would they do that, maybe if I buried them I could get over their death.*

Where ever I touched the page it would leave a trail of blood. I continued to write.

"I thought I'd find you here" my heart stopped.

I looked up "what is wrong with you Tyler! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Now see, Rose, you said almost so you can't blame anything on me," he smirked, "now come on, everyone's worried,"

"I'm not gonna come home yet,"

"Your choice," he picked me up.

"Put me down!"

"No, what the hell happened to your hands!"

"Nothing,"

"Are those thorns in your hands!"

"Yeah" I mumbled.

We got to his car and he put me on the passenger seat. I stared at my hands.

"Rose look at me," I looked up, "stop hurting yourself," I could see how hurt he was. "I don't like seeing you like this,"

He was so close to my face. I was frozen, I couldn't move back. His lips were against my lips. He was kissing me! Tyler Lockwood was kissing me! I slowly moved out of it and he began to drive.

"I'm sorry," Tyler said. We were in my driveway.

"It's fine," I was in a trance. I got of the car, so did he. I gave him a questioning look.

"Everyone is waiting for you,"

I nodded.

He opened the door and everyone shot up, "I told you I would find her, and Katie I think you should bandage up here hands,"

Aunt Katie came rushing towards me and grabbed my hands, I whinced.

"Oh my god, Rose!" She dragged me to the kitchen, "this is gonna hurt,"

I nodded preparing for the pain. Elena walked into the kitchen to see what was going on. Her eyes widened when she looked at my hands. Before Elena could talk, Aunt Katie pulled out a thorn.

I yelled in pain. I bit my lip this time so I wouldn't yell so loud.

"You got these thorns really deep in your hands," Aunt Katie said.

After what felt like an eternity, Aunt Katie finally finish pulling the thorns out of my hands, and there were bandages all over them.

Everyone already left, so I went to my room. I can't believe I'll be a senior in a week, yay

-------------------------

I TOLD YOU THE WORLD DIDNT END. BURNNNNN

What did I tell you.

*does victory dance*

Comment. Share. Vote