Chapter 02

Hearing the phone ringing continuously for the beat of Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson was so good in the morning but it already disturbed my dreams and I started looking at the clock hanging on the wall. Damn it’s 10.00 o’clock in the morning and the stupid phone kept on ringing over and over again. And probably I have slept for so many hours than I was supposed to be sleeping. “What a girl I am” my inner thoughts scolded my sleeping genes which have been there since the day I was born.

As I picked up the phone scolding inside my mind, the one who disturbed my sleep, I hear a very familiar voice from the other side of the corner. “Hey Stephie, Good morning…….” It was my brother Jerrard. “Hey Jerrard, it’s so good to hear your voice. How have you been?”, I replied…… I should have actually asked him why on earth you remembered me instead asking how he is doing. Me and Jerrard never really moved on ever since he took over his career. He started progressing on his business life but never had a chance of having a good family life with me and my mom. But I was always proud of him by looking at how courageous he was over running a business now established as one of the major multi nationals in the Travel and Tourism industry in Los Angeles.

I kept on talking with Jerrard and I felt that part of me is missing, my loving brother. As we both hang up I felt how lonely I am here without their presence. I know that looking back at our childhood that we had the best memories but as we grew old finding our own ambitions, walking on our own paths we have ended up in two different places of our own worlds.

I stepped out of my bed and went in to the bathroom to have a shower, feeling fresh and relaxed after a good shower I went out of the room looking out for something to fill my empty stomach.

Apartment was so calm and quiet, lonely with only me and my own soul, knowing that it was a Monday morning I make sure that Emma has gone for her usual work place. Emma is same as my age but brave and strong billion times than me. She moved out from her home when she was at the age of sixteen and started working on multiple number of jobs which I cannot actually remember and now she is working as the Brand Ambassador for one of the leading companies based here during holidays. As I am currently unemployed Emma is the one who pools in most of the funds on our day today expenditures other than the money I pooled in which is the only cash in hand I have in my account.

Meeting Emma was one of the unforgettable events in my life and I recall it as one of the best moments in our lives in a weird manner.  Joe was my university friend since the day I started my lifeat California State University ever since he became a part of my life. He was an active member of the university Motor Racing Association and once they organized an international event on motor racing and Emma represented Audi from AUDI AG, Neckarsulm in Germany. During the event Joe and Emma got so friendly and as a result I even got myself introduced to Emma through Joe. Ever since Emma came into Joe’s life I started hating her for no reason, maybe my jealousy never wanted Emma coming in between Joe and me. Though Joe treated both of us equally my inner feelings always ignored the fact that Emma was just a friend of Joe knowing and realizing that he always put me first. But when she left Los Angeles we became good friends via Twitter and it made us so close that we could hardly stay away without gossiping about Joe, Los Angeles and our girly thoughts. She was the one who helped me on getting on with my life, without Joe and Emma I would have just been a broken piece of glass. At times it’s so bad to judge a person by looking how they behave or react, it’s just you always have to associate with them to get to know better without judging them from outside. I have learned many things the hard way and I sighed at my own silly mistakes but proud of myself for not repeating the same.

“Oh my god, I have eaten a lot”, suddenly I woke up from the lost world of thoughts when I realized that the bread pack is over. At times when you are lost in your own thoughts you don’t even know what you are doing, laughing at myself I washed the plates and walked back in to the room.

It was so good to be reading a book sitting by the window listening to alternative music. “Wow how nice is Munich during the day, cool wind, breeze by the beach, I am so glad to be in Germany, Munich my favorite place to be” I started telling myself while staring at far faraway through the window.