Chapter 11

Every day I worked for a plan with too much effort of seeing myself independent, living alone in my own world. And I never gave up on looking for my brother and bringing back the happiness in to mom, dad and to home which is now miserable without their presence.

I worked hard in the hotel with Troy and most of the time I spent long hours working around. And I got late everyday to go back home which made dad and Sheila so worried as I took the public transport late in the night. So as a result of this dad afford to by myself a Mini Cooper which I finally used as my secured transporter from home to work and work to home.

As days goes by dad built in so much trust on me as the hotel grew day by day and finally he managed to buy “The Caledoscope” under his name which he transferred in to my name. Looking back at the memories that was the biggest mistake dad ever did in his life I guess.

That day I still remember, those memories will not fade away for long, another darkest day of our lives.

At home I hear a loud voice of a woman echoing from the living room. I ran down stairs. It was Jessica, Mrs. Anderson to be. She has come home late in the night fully drunk, I was so ashamed to see her in a very short dress which is not at all suitable for her age.

I heard her almost yelling at my father.

“Why the hell you bought that hotel in the name of your young princess”, no wonder she’s pissed off with my dad.

“Jessica it’s none of your business”, dad was replying.

“Eric I thought you have given up on those good for nothing kids, and now all of a sudden here you go investing all the money for a stupid girl who’s studying and just for her vacation you are spending a hell out of our total investment”, maybe she was pissed off with dad investing on the business only for my happiness as I am doing good in the trade and as I will be leaving in another five months to university.

“Jessica I told you it’s none of your business, I have spent enough on you, why you need to be interfering on my personal life”.

“Ha ha….” She laughed with anger, “Personal life, what bullshit Mr. Eric Anderson, you talking about your screwed up personal life, your son who ran away from home for drugs with the streets, and your wife sorry ex-wife who’s almost having a miserable life in Washington with her only old mom, and now your screwed up innocent daughter……….”, all I heard was a sound of a slap on the face of Mrs. Anderson to be after all those words which came out of her mouth.

And I ran to the living room because I couldn’t stand her any more scolding dad or any of us inside our own premises. She was lying on the ground holding her cheeks looking at dad with red glittery eyes full of anger. As soon as she saw me she stood up on her own, stared at me with anger and walked out of the entrance to the garage and I heard the engine of her vehicle starting and I made sure that she left home.

Dad was still standing still in silence not facing me. “Dad what’s going on?”, I said.

“Stephie its not the time for us to talk, go back to sleep, please”, those were the only set of words which came out of dad that night.

Author's Note : Jessica getting mad over "The Caledoscope" getting wriiten under the name of Stephie, mom getting mad over not knowing what's happening around home, with dad and Jerrard, and all the drama happening here at Los Angeles, what will Stephie do now, will she see a darker side of life again, hmmm ..... something for you to think of..... Please keep in touch, you will get to know ....... want to read more about the tragedy which Stephie going to end up with ........ Please do read and comment Tkx....