Chapter 12

Jessica's words which came out of nowhere started echoing in my mind for weeks and more, even now breaking me in to pieces. They were sharp and threatening. All these days what I believed about seeing wicked queens only in fairy tales now made me realize what we been narrated as kids in our childhood were just stories building ourselves to face the days as adults in reality. They say seeing is believing but until you face it through your naked eyes you wouldn't feel the agony and pain.

The days passed by and as usual dad went back to his own den of silence leaving me all by myself again and whatever the conversations we had I felt as if they were only dreams. All I did was counting days for my vacation to be over forcing myself to go support Troy at "The Caledoscope".

The night before my departure I made Sheila aware of myself leaving the horror house. That night I packed everything which belongs to me knowing that even I belonged here I will never have the opportunity of visiting back or neither do I will have the interest of visiting this place full of miserable memories. I left a note to dad with "Dad, I'm out" and I know that once he reads these three words he will be more heartbroken, but the end of the day all I wanted was a life, a simple life where I wanted to seek for freedom which I am sure Jerrard would have looked for.

5.00 am in the morning I took a cab and left the home where I had memories both good and ugly.

"Wow the last day at the miserable", I remember still how happy I was to be leaving home, because I didn't have any bond of coming back home and here I am leaving home looking for freedom.