Chapter 06

As days goes by I never felt the loneliness in Joe’s company and one fine day he came running to me saying that he is going to get graduated soon. Then I felt how lonely am I going to be without him, so he will go home and I will get stuck in university all alone once again.

Joe was a smart lad at university, two years senior to me, Captain of the Rugby Union and President of Motor Racing Association of California State University is sooner going to get graduated as an Auto Mobile Engineer. He always put all his effort on everything he does and succeeded in every aspect as a fine student in university. He always as a friend guided me with advice and he always understood me. He was the only man apart from Jerrard who always understood me well I would say.

So that the day of graduation comes and Joe is going to get graduated. And I am going to miss him so soon. Thinking of it made me feel so weak because he was the only one whom I found comfortable enough in talking to me. Maybe he realized the same and the last day of his stay at university he called me up and invited me for a dinner with him.

He came to pick me up from the apartment and not knowing where we are heading to I sat in the car. We went for hours and hours not knowing where we are going and breaking the silence Joe started talking to me “Stephie you look so nice in the dress, I guess it’s the first time I am seeing you in a dress. And anyways what happened to your mouth piece, aren’t you asking me where we are heading to?”, I smiled back without saying a word because I know if I start saying something I would burst out and cry knowing today will be the last day with him at university. Again breaking the silence he said, “Miss we are heading to The Boiling Shrimp, I know you love the beach so I decided that could be the best”.

“Thanks a lot Joe”, I replied. I know he does everything possible as a friend for me, at times more than a friend. All I remember was that we spend so much time together chatting about his plans, what he would be doing and my plans after I get graduated.

After spending hours and hours together finally he dropped me at the apartment and I gave him a big warm hug for one last time. Saying good bye to each other I watched my best friend driving back home, to his own world where he is going to start a new life.

That was the second saddest day of my life ever since childhood. First was the day mom left me, now here I am seeing my best friend leaving me and going away. I remember him calling on my mobile saying that he went home safe from a phone booth but ever since then for so long I never heard of him.