⚜️Chapter 10⚜️

His hand was gripped on my wrist as we ran as fast as we could back to the boat. We got in the boat as fast as we could. As I got in I heard a gunshot. My heart sunk. We rushed to the Agency while hearing several more gunshots. I couldn't help but let a few tears fall on the way. I couldn't even begin to think of anyone getting hurt.
"Shit! I didn't even bring a gun!" I whispered to myself. Midas always has a gun handy, and since I don't he's probably just gonna tell my dumbass to go hide and protect Sky. I fucking hate this.
We pulled up and Midas did exactly what I thought he would.
"Hide Y/N! Go find Sky! Me and the other agents will handle this!!" Midas said as we both got out the boat.
Other agents?! Who does he think I am?! I can help to!
"I'll get a gu-" I tried speaking but than I heard a gunshot. My heart dropped when I saw the shadow henchmen laying on the staircase.
Midas raised and eyebrow. I groaned before he ran with me into the Agency. As we got in the Agency there were several henchmen on the floor. I stopped by a dead ghost henchmen on the floor seeing a gun next to him.
"I am so sorry." I whispered picking up the gun.
"Now go!!" Midas shouted as I heard more footsteps coming.
I ran away from the footsteps trying to find Sky.
I kept looking while my mind filled with thoughts on why this was happening. I even had a friend who is a shadow henchmen, it scared me thinking he could be here killing people right now. As I kept running I ran into Tina.
"Tina!!" I whisper shouted.
"Holy shit! Y/N are you ok!" She said.
"Of course of course! You? Are you ok?" I asked scanning her checking for any wounds.
"No no! I'm perfectly fine!"
"I'm so sorry!! I didn't think this would happen at all!! Just-do you know where sky is?" I panted.
"Shes in a closet down this hall!" Tina panted.
"Ok! Thank you so much!" I said before running off.
I came across several small closets opening all of them.
"Fuck!! Where is she?!" I whispered to myself.
I heard footsteps across the hall and I saw a shadow henchmen about to open a door.
"SHIT!" I shouted as I aimed my gun and shot him right before he opened the door.
"There she is." I winced as I heard a thud. I ran towards the door and opened it seeing Sky.
"Y/N!!" She cheered.
"Oooh my god you have no idea how happy I am to see you." I said entering the closet and closing it. I saw a tear fall from her cheek as I sat down.
"I'm so sorry Sky I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I whispered hugging her while wiping her tears.
Sky nodded.
I heard footsteps and I immediately covered her mouth. I heard them go right past our door. As soon as the sound faded I let go of her mouth.
"When will this be over?" Sky whispered.
"I don't know. Someone will come get us when it's time." I said.
Sky nodded.
We kept hiding for a while, we heard footsteps several times while in there. I was confused as hell as too why this was happening.
It was already 9:00PM and we were both getting tired and uncomfortable in there.
"Fuck..when is this over?" I whispered.
Right after I said that we both heard footsteps approach us. I quickly covered Sky's mouth as the footsteps got louder. Suddenly they stopped right in front of our door. My heart was pounding and I aimed my gun at the door waiting to see someone behind it. We sat there as the door slowly opened.
"Whoa whoa there, it's just me!" Maya chuckled at our scared expressions.
"Oh-sorry!" I laughed putting the gun down.
"Finally!" Sky cheered as we both got up.
"You could have helped us.." Maya said as we both walked to the main entrance of the Agency.
"He doesn't want my help-he's pissed at me right now." I sighed.
"When am I ever gonna be right." I groaned.
Maya sighed as we both made it to the front.
"Are you all ok?" I said approaching all the other agents.
"Yeah! Thankfully no one got hurt..well. None of us at least." Meowcles said.
I sighed.
Finally I saw Midas walking towards us. He was covered in blood.
"Midas!! Are you ok!! Are you hurt?" I exclaimed running up to him.
"I'm fine! Are you hurt at all?" Midas asked looking around me to check for wounds.
"No I'm fine, me and Sky just hid in a closet the whole time." I sighed.
To my surprise, Midas didn't seem very pissed at me.
"Damn-we haven't had an attack in-" Peely began.
"Never. We've never had an attack." Brutus interrupted.
"No way-we have to have BRUTUS!" Peely said getting close to Brutus.
"No..we haven't PEELY." He replied.
"No arguing today-look what happened dumbasses." Tina said rolling her eyes.
Peely kissed his cheek teasingly.
"Well that just happened." I said still a little freaked out.
"Yeah..." everyone chuckled.
"What are we gonna do with all..this.." Meowcles asked looking around at all the dead ghost and shadow henchmen laying on the floor. I
"We'll figure it out." Midas responded putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Well, we're safe now, and that's all that matters." I sighed smiling.
"Let's not get our hopes up just yet." Midas said.
I was afraid he'd say that. I knew if he disagree with me it would freak me out, and it did.
I tried to hide the fact my heart dropped a little when he said that.
"Well, try to sleep at least a little bit tonight." I giggled before I walked off. I was tired, but I wasn't sure how sleep was gonna work out tonight.
Midas followed behind me as I entered our bedroom before him.
"You sure your ok?" Midas said as he closed the door behind him after he walked in.
"Yesss I am." I sighed getting on my bed. I really didn't care to much about changing tonight, I was way to tired.
"I'm so sorry that happened Midas." I finally said watching him unbutton his vest.
"It's ok. You didn't know." Midas sighed unbuttoning his shirt letting it fall behind him.
Midas got on the bed and I cuddled up next to him.
I was scared that Midas was actually pretty pissed at me deep down. I have been trying to prove him wrong this whole time in fact.
"This may not be shadows only attack. In fact I know this isn't the only thing shadows gonna do. Don't get too freaked out by this." Midas said, his voice low and soft.
"I know I know, and I'm not freaked out. At all." I whispered.
"You know it is ok to be scared right?" Midas whispered playing with my hair.
"Yes..I know." I whispered closing my eyes.
After today, I'll admit-even though I really don't want to. I am scared. No one knew why shadow was doing this or what we might have done to make shadow turn suddenly. I was confused on how Midas was so calm about this too, I feel like deep down he's angry at me and just covering up. I felt like this was my fault. It is my fault. I should have never gone to the shadow base in the first place and maybe none of this would have happened. And we are even sleeping KNOWING there are DEAD BODIES ALL OVER THE AGENCY! So yes, I am scared. Very scared. I'm scared of what could be next.
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: Welp, here ya go. This may look a little rushed and it may have some typos or grammar mistakes, if so I'm sorry. But I hope you enjoyed at least a little. Happy simping 🤩✌🏼