⚜️Chapter 4⚜️

I woke up with Midas not there again, I expected him to be there after such a long day but he wasn't. I jerked up not bothering to make myself look good and I ran down the halls.
I ran panting to the kitchen. He wasn't there. Than I went into Midas office. I walked in to see Midas sweating and staring at his computer screen.
"Midas what the hell are you doing!!" I said walking up to him.
"Nothing nothing it's fine." Midas sighed breathlessly.
I walked behind him and saw him looking at security cameras of what appeared to be the Shadow bases?
"Midas what happened, you look stressed." I said quietly.
"Please don't worry about it darling." Midas sighed.
"You could of at least told me you were back." I huffed.
"I know I'm sorry I just got caught up with work." Midas said still not taking his eyes off the screen.
"Midas what is it!!" I said walking back in front of the desk.
"Nothing." He said blankly.
I sighed and decided to just go ask Meowcles. I walked out the room and went over to Meowcles room.
I walked in to see Meowcles lifting up small weights while watching Tv, his usual routine.
"Meowcles! Are you okay? Did you get hurt or anything?" I asked expecting him sitting down next to him.
"No no I'm fine don't worry." He smiled.
"Okay good, but Midas is being weird, did anything happen when you guys were there?" I asked.
"Ohhh, yeah. Chaos caught us both, he made eye contact with both of us but didn't say a word. Midas freaked out and we just continued to watch the other bases and than came back around 3AM." Meowcles explained.
"Was that it?" I asked.
"Yeah that was it."
"Seriously? I think he's overreacting. Maybe again-like I've been SAYING..They are just busy with there own stuff." I said standing up.
Meowcles shrugged.
"Thank you so much for telling me though" I smiled walking up to the door.
Meowcles nodded and I walked out.
I went straight back to Midas office and barged in.
"Meowcles told you didn't he." Midas said actually looking up from the screen.
I nodded.
Midas sighed. "See what I mean though?"
"Midas there busssyyy!!" I exclaimed.
"You don't know that!!" Midas stood up.
"Okay than, call them. Call them right now." I said pointing at the phone on his desk.
He picked up the phone and looked at me straight in the eye. He called Chaos not breaking eye contact. I stood there a little nervous waiting for him to pick up.
Finally Midas put the phone down.
"He didn't answer."
Midas sat back down breaking into a cold sweat.
"Midas calm down, maybe it was wrong timing." I said quietly.
"I want to protect this place!! And most of all protect you!! Trust me Y/N I know what I'm doing." Midas exclaimed.
I sighed standing there.
I finally decided to just give in already. He was the boss, he knows what he's doing. He even admit he was trying to protect us. I couldn't fight with him so I just let it go. I finally just decided to walk out.
I figured Meowcles was to tired to be with Sky so I went over to go keep her company. I also just wanted to forget about everything for now. I walked into Sky playing on her Xbox with her headphones in. Sky turned to look at me and took her Headphones off.
"Can I play with you?" I asked awkwardly.
"Of course!!" Sky cheered getting up.
She handed me another controller and we both sat back down on her bed.
"Did you finish all your work?" I smirked.
"I diid." Sky smiled nudging me.
Sky picked out a game for us both to play and I spent my day stress free. Around 6PM I heard Midas speak over to intercom.
"We have a meeting in 15 minutes. Don't be late." We heard.
I sighed looking down.
"I'm assuming you know what he's gonna be talking about." Sky said putting her controller down.
"Yeah.." I mumbled still looking down.
"Well..what is it?" Sky asked.
"There's some things going on with Shadow." I said picking my head up and setting my controller next to me.
"Oh."
"Yeah, I'll see you there though!" I said getting up.
"Okay..see ya!" Sky waved.
I went over to the meeting room and walked in.
"You didn't have to come now?" Midas chuckled sitting back down at the head of the table.
"I have nothing better to do." I smiled sitting down by him.
I rested my head on my hand waiting for the rest of the agents.
"I know your worried Y/N." Midas said softly. He reached out his hand for me to grab.
I grabbed onto it smiling back ignoring that he thinks I'm worried.
Eventually all the agents came in and we were all waiting for Midas to start talking.
"Okay, this shouldn't be long, I just wanted to give you guys a little heads up, I saw some things with Chaos that concerned me a little so now I'm assigning you all a day to go and watch the shadow bases." Midas started.
"Um...how long are we gonna be doing this?" Maya asked quietly.
"Until I say so, at least until I feel it's safe." Midas said.
Maya nodded.
"Okay, for now you guys partners are Maya and Brutus, Tina and Peely, and Meowcles and I." Midas said.
"Can I go Midas? Please please PLEAAAASE? Pretty please!! You know I'm always up for an adventure!" Sky begged.
"It's to dangerous." Midas smiled trying to not make Sky feel as bad.
Sky sighed.
"What about me? Can I go please?" I asked.
"No." Midas said.
I stopped myself from rolling my eyes, I hated how he just told me nothing but no.
"I may change you guys partners over time but for now this is who your with." Midas said.
"You will be going every 2 days. Maya and Brutus you guys go again tomorrow, Tina and Peely go the next day and Meowcles and I will go after them, and we keep that pattern unless I say otherwise." Midas said stern.
All the agents nodded, Tina and Maya looked at me with a worried expression.
"That's all I have for you today, you are dismissed." Midas said.
All the agents got up and left the room.
I sighed.
Midas looked at me again just sitting there thinking.
"Don't worry about it Y/N..." Midas said grabbing my hand that was resting on the table.
"I'm not scared Midas!! I'm not I'm really not!!" I exclaimed.
Midas sighed.
"I'm sorry."
"No-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have got on to you. I know I should trust you, and I do." I sighed standing up.
Midas watched me get up and walk to the door. Midas walked over to me and cupped my face kissing me softly.
"I love you ok?" Midas said softly pulling away.
"I love you too." I smiled.
I than walked out and went to my room. I sat in there for a while thinking about Shadow. When finally an idea popped into my head. I knew this was wrong, but I needed to prove Midas wrong.
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️