⚜️Chapter 3⚜️

The next morning me and Midas slept longer than usual. We had a busy night let's say, so we were tired. I woke up first with Midas arms still wrapped around me. I looked at my nightstand to see the time, it was 9AM. I jerked up from Midas arms. I heard Midas groan next to me slowly waking up.
"What is it.." He said having rubbing his eyes still laying down.
"Peely and Tina! Do you think there back?" I said looking down at Midas.
"I think there okay Y/N." Midas sighed pulling my shoulders trying to get me to lay back down.
"I need to make sure.." I said getting up.
"Nooooo stay hereeee." Midas whined.
"Well you gotta get up too." I chuckled.
"I never get to sleep in like this.." Midas mumbled.
"Well your welcome for giving you a reason to sleep in." I smirked putting my hand on the doorknob.
Midas smiled watching me as I walked out the room.
I walked out going over too the kitchen. I saw Tina and Peely sitting together exhausted.
"Oh my god! Thank god you guys are okay!" I said running over to them. I hugged them tightly while they were still sitting in their chairs.
"So how was it?" I asked sitting down.
"It was fine, I don't know what Midas is so worried about. There all acting normal!" Tina said resting her head on her hand.
"But at least we got it over with, Midas said I could see Rox tomorrow so it was worth going through that for her." Tina sighed.
I smiled.
"I'm gonna get my nails done tomorrow too, just in time damn, my nails are FUCKED after running around the Shadow bases like that. Anyway would you like to come with me Y/N?" Peely offered.
"I'll see if I'm free tomorrow." I smiled.
I soon heard the clicking sound of Midas footsteps.
"Good morning." Midas said lowly coming to sit next to me.
"So, anything new about Shadow?"
"No. I honestly don't know what your so worried about, literally nothing has changed ever since you first sent us." Tina said tempted to roll her eyes.
"I know, but still. Chaos hasn't called me or anything. It's just a little concerning." Midas sighed.
"If you say so, now can I see my girlfriend tomorrow now?" Tina asked.
"Yes, you may." Midas nodded.
"Yes!! Thank you!!" Tina exclaimed.
Tina got up excitedly walking back to her room.
"I'm assuming I can go out tomorrow too than..?" Peely asked with hesitation.
"Yes Peely you can go." Midas nodded smiling.
"Finally! Thank you!! Let me know girly." Peely said getting up and waving.
I nodded smiling.
"Don't tell me your gonna get another pair of agents to go to the Shadow bases." I asked.
"I have to Y/N."
"Midas give them a break!!" I said watching Midas get up.
"I can't risk it." Midas said in a serious tone.
"Midas nothing has happened, give it up already, there probably busy." I sighed getting up as well.
"I know what I'm doing Y/N. I'm just being careful." Midas said walking off into his office.
I watched him disappear into the distance. I let out a sigh and went back to the room I shared with Midas. I finally got myself ready for the day and went into Midas office.
I walked in to see Midas talking to Meowcles.
"What are y'all doing?" I asked walking up behind Meowcles.
Midas sighed looking at me.
I gave him a concerned look.
"Don't worry about it love." Midas smiled reassuringly.
"Are y'all going to the Shadow bases together?" I asked.
Midas sighed. "Yes."
I sighed before taking a deep breath.
"Midas I'll go." I said looking directly at him.
"No you will not." Midas said.
"What do you mean I will not?"
"I can't risk it." Midas said shuffling the paperwork below him.
"What?! I'm not as young as Sky! Why can't I go!" I exclaimed.
"Meowcles go get ready." Midas said motioning Meowcles to get out.
Meowcles looked at me and walked past me.
"I'm literally offering to go, none of those agents want to even fucking go!!" I exclaimed.
"I know they don't, but I can't risk anything happening to you." Midas said getting up from his seat.
"'Midas, nothing's gonna happen to me cause I know Shadow is completely fine! And I'll prove it too you by going to see!!" I said.
"Well I'm going to see it with my own eyes so you don't have to." Midas said.
"Well can I at least go WITH you and Meowcles stays?" I asked.
"...no." Midas said.
"What?! Why!! At least I'll be with you!!" I exclaimed once again watching Midas walk past me to the doors.
"No is no Y/N! I can't risk it!" Midas said finally walking out.
I stood there in silence. I loved Midas, and I loved how he loved me and his agents so much that he protects us as much as he can, but he can get very OVER protective sometimes.
I finally got myself to walk out and go into our room.
I walked in to see Midas fixing himself up in front of the mirror and getting ready to go.
"Leaving already?" I smiled.
"Yeah.." Midas sighed.
He looked at me. I gave in and cupped his face kissing him softly. He pulled away and we both walked out the room together. We were greeted by Meowcles standing by the front desk.
"You ready?" Midas smiled.
Meowcles nodded.
Midas came over giving me one last kiss.
"I'll be home around 3 ok?" Midas whispered.
"Pm?" I whispered back.
"Am." Midas said softly.
I nodded.
I held my elbows watching Midas and Meowcles walk out.
I heard giggles come from behind me.
"Where did boss man go?" Sky asked.
"Oh-he went to the Shadow bases again." I said forcing a smile turning around.
"Ugh! He never lets me go to those! He knows I'm always up for an adventure!" Sky groaned.
"It's to dangerous." I sighed.
"I wish I could go too." I said quietly.
"He won't let you go either? Wow." Sky said.
"Welcome to the club, maybe one day he'll let us both go..together!!" Sky exclaimed putting her hand on my shoulder.
"Maybe.." I sighed smiling.
"Welp. I need to catch up with my friends on levels..and catch up on paperwork.." Sky giggled nervously.
"See ya later!"
I waved watching her jog back to her room.
I had no idea what I was gonna do with my day now, so I just went down to the kitchen and sat there for a while.
"Ooo girl.." I heard a familiar voice come from behind me.
"You really need a day off, come with me tomorrow!! It will be fun!!" Peely exclaimed coming to sit next to me.
"I think I will." I smiled.
Peely smiled back. "You need sharper nails to dig behind his back." Peely winked.
I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.
"So tell me, how was it? How big was it?" Peely smirked.
"You ask me that every time, you sure you don't like him?" I chuckled.
"Minus the fucking attitude this man gives SHIT..yeah he's pretty sexy." Peely said.
I laughed clutching my stomach.
"It was good though, that was his way off getting me to calm down he says." I laughed.
"And did it?"
"His size certainly did not."
"That's my girl!!" Peely laughed.
"Well, enjoy your day off, I'll be here girly." Peely said getting up and walking off.
I waved and sighed.
I spent the rest of my day trying my hardest not to let Midas going at the Shadow bases scare me. I knew nothing was up with Shadow so I had no reason to be nervous.
Later that night I grabbed my headphones and phone and headed up to the roof of the Agency.
I got too the roof and sat down with my legs crossed, I put on my headphones and blasted my calm music I liked to play at night. I looked up at the pitch black sky and the beautiful stars above me. I felt calm and at peace for once. I knew I had nothing to worry about. I was happy, had a great boyfriend. Nothing could go wrong, but little did I know that this was basically the calm before the storm.
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️