→ Chapter twenty-two

Hey guys!
I know I said no new chapters for a little while, but! Quinn [teachmehowtoequitate] on tumblr wrote these amazing few paragraphs and I thought I'd upload it as Chapter 22! :) I added a few things on at the end, but she's written basically all of it! So yeah! :D
Most of you didn't really like the Zac POV on the last chapter and to be honest neither did I :P So it won't happen again! Just thought I'd let you know :)
Anyway, GO READDD
- Bron
xx
p.s external link over there > is her tumblr. Go follow her.
If you ever want to write something for TPB don't be scared to! I'd love to read it, and most likely I'll put it up here as a chapter, unless it doesn't go with the story line  :)  You can send it to me on
my email: crzysndy@gmail.com
my tumblr: showjumperx.tumblr.com - you'll have to fan letter it 
or message me on wattpad!!! 

_____

The tension in the air was unmistakable as Ryan and I finished feeding the last of the horses. As I shut the stall behind me I saw that Ryan, Allan and Zac were standing around a tall chestnut at the end of the aisle way, walking closer I realized they were discussing the upcoming North American Tournament at Spruce Meadows.

"John is having me drive them the horses, I’ll be leaving the farm on Thursday" beamed Zac

"Well we will see you there," Alan replied. Casually I walked up to Ryan and he immediately put him arm around my waist. Zac turned his attention away from the chestnut he was holding

"So Elena, I hear that you’re going to be doing the Encana Cup!"

"You heard correct" I replied quickly.

"That’s so awesome, super proud of you! Maybe I could take you out for dinner to celebrate after you win!’ he smiled.

Ryan tensed beside me "Yee-aah" I managed to stutter out  "Just gotta see what’s going on with other horses and stuff" he winked at me and I shot him a half hearted smile.

"Well I better hit the road; don’t wanna keep the boss waiting! Nice seeing you Elena, Alan, Ryan" Thank god, I thought as he lead the chestnut onto his trailer and started driving down the long drive.

"Nice guy" Alan mumbled before turning on his Parlanti heel and heading back into the barn. Ryan removed his arm off my waist and turned to me face me
"You promise, he means nothing to you?" his hazel eyes were full of concern mixed with a little bit of jealously.

"Ryan, I promise, he's just a friend" andbefore he could reply I stood up on my tippy toes and placed my lips on his.

_____

"Flight 125, Louisville Kentucky to Calgary Alberta, you are now boarding."

The airport was relatively quiet this early in the morning, though the people who were there gave the 4 of us and a few other riders that where with us awfully weird looks. We were all wearing our white breeches, show shirts, and Parlanti’s. Alan had decided it would be easier for us to leave for Calgary early on Monday rather than late Sunday night. When we got there Matt, Ryan and I would all be showing horses in various classes ranging from the 1.10m’s to the 1.40m’s.

"That’s us" Allan announced and we all followed, Ryan and I hand in hand and Matt beside his dad.

"You excited?" Ryan whispered into my hair, sending tingles down my spine.

"Nervous" I whispered back. It was true, I was very nervous. I, Elena Moore would be showing at the biggest and most prestigious show venue in North America. Some of the best in the sport were registered in most of the classes I’d be competing in, some of which I've looked up to ever since I started riding. Richard Spooner, Ashlee Bond, Kent Farrington, Tiffany Foster, all of whom have way more experience than I do on the international level.

"Don’t be, you are gonna kick some ass" he whispered back

"I hope so.."

_____

The horses made it safe and sound to Calgary and we got to the show grounds they were already resting in their stalls, waiting for the first class of the day, which would probably be the easiest of the whole show, the 1.10m class. All in all the Peirce barn would have 20 horses competing this week, I, myself was riding 4 or 5 of them, but Maddie will be my main ride, she's the one I'll be competing on in the Encana Cup. This could be my big break in the international ring, I need to be focus 100% when I go into that ring.