→ Chapter twenty-three

Hello!

Well it's been a longgg time since I've uploaded and I'm so sorry!!!

Again this chapter was written by Quinn! I don't know what I'd do without her C: I haven't had any idea what to write for a while but gah she's amazing! She's on tumblr and you should all follow her! LINK OVER THEREE -->

Anyway, I have a feeling a lot of people will like this chapter!

NOW GO READD!

- Bron

xx

----------

Our first day at Spruce was exhausting. The horse I showed in the 1.20m's had turned out to be quite fresh after the long trip from Kentucky. After he tried bucking me off in the warm-up multiple times he refused twice in the ring resulting in elimination.

"I'm not going to blame you here Elena, he was obviously quite excited today but I'll take him in a few 1.10m classes tomorrow and Wednesday and you can try him in the 20's again on Thursday."

"Okay Alan, thanks" I tipped my First Lady down and stared at the ground as I made my way over to the North American Ring where Ryan would be showing a Sales Horse in the 1.30m's. Walking up behind the bay I placed my hand on his bum then on Ryan's leg, he looked down and smiled

"Just in time for the big show," he smirked then realizing my expression his turned to concern "What's wrong?"

"Oh just that naughty chestnut stopped twice and I got eliminated in the 10's, the 10's!" I sighed

"Oh El, that's really shitty, sorry to hear that," he placed his hand on top of mine and gave me a sincere smile.

"Don't worry about it," I said returning it

"Ryan, you're in," the gate person interrupted

"Good luck," I said as he walked the bay into the grass ring.

As I made my way to the rail to watch I looked to my left to see Kent Farrington standing there as well. Intriguing, maybe he's interested in the horse?

Of course Ryan's round was flawless. The horse jumped amazingly and Ryan easily steered him around the course.

"And that ladies and gentleman was our fastest trip of the class! Ryan Pierce is now Leading!!" the announcers at Spruce were so into their jobs, it was a welcome change compared to all the dull announcers back in America.

"That was great Ry!!" I exclaimed as I slipped the bay a treat.

"Ryan?" a voice behind me called, turning around I realized it was Kent.

"Hey Kent, what's up?" Ryan replied

"I like this guy, I think he'd be a great horse for one of my clients to move up to the 30's on. Mind if we come and try him tomorrow?"

Ha I knew it! I thought to myself

"That would be great! Just go talk to my dad, he deals with that sorta stuff"

'Absolutely, thanks Ryan' and with that he turned on his heel and walked the other way to most likely find Alan.

"Sweet! Think we just sold this horse!" Ryan exclaimed as he gave the bay, who seemed to very pleased with himself, a hearty pat.

----------

Once everything was finished we finally made it back to the hotel at 9pm. Ryan and Matt were sharing a room while Alan and I had our own rooms.