Chapter Five

»»———— THE FIRST PARTY ————««

Draco leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest in the corner of their Common Room. It did turn out to be a huge party. The music was good, with a Slytherin of the name Archer over control of it. He was doing an outstanding job and only taking the good requests. Their Common Room was lit up with green flashing lights. Everyone was dressed up, having a good time. They were dancing, drinking, and playing beer pong. Slytherin always threw the best parties. But, he wasn't having a good time. All he cared about was spending time with Val. He knew she was lying when she said she was coming. It just made him upset so much so that he couldn't enjoy what was going to be the party of the decade considering Durmstrang and Beauxbatons were in attendance.

Pansy had already come up to him multiple times, along with other girls. They would ask him to dance, to be their beer pong partner, but he would just decline. They knew not to persist with him further. They could tell he was in a mood, and when Draco was in a mood he wasn't pleasant. He just stood there, drinking a cup of beer off the tap and keeping to himself. He glanced over after taking a sip and someone caught his eye. He had to do a double take, because he wasn't sure it was who he thought it was. Val had just entered out of her dorm with Lolita. She was wearing the most stunning green dress that was quite revealing and showed off her legs and back. She looked incredible, and he hadn't noticed his jaw had dropped at the sight of her. He wasn't letting Blaise have any part of her tonight, not if he could help it. She was going to be all his.

"Oh, look, it's Val!" Hermione exclaimed. She was already well over tipsy. She was a lightweight, and Ron always had to take care of her. He and Harry would sip beers and get a buzz, but they were never too bad off.

"Hermione!" Val waved to her excitedly. They were surprised to see a bright smile on her face, one that showed her perfect, pearly white teeth. She was dressed in a way they never pictured her to be. Their suspicions were confirmed that she wasn't like Snape. Hermione pulled her into a hug, and Val returned it despite being slightly alarmed by it at first.

"I'll get you a drink." Lolita chuckled at her, walking off to find some kind of seltzer for her.

"Congratulations on Slytherin." Harry offered.

"I thought you all would hate me." She shook her head. The words that slipped out of her mouth came straight from her head with no filter like she usually had. Her walls had tumbled down, and she was herself. All thanks to a magical thing called alcohol. She realized they all seemed a lot happier to be around her while she was in this mood.

"Of course not!" Hermione shook her head quickly, placing her hand on her shoulder to steady herself. Ron grabbed her arm and wrapped it around his shoulder. He didn't look at her, but Val noticed the look that was in her eyes as she stared up at him. She liked him, but he didn't know. She didn't want to ruin their friendship.