14. 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡-𝙤

BEST FRIEND CAT CALENDERS!

THE NEW DIRECTIONS THOUGHT THAT THEIR WIN AT SECTIONALS WOULD BOOST THEIR REPUTATION

THE NEW DIRECTIONS THOUGHT THAT THEIR WIN AT SECTIONALS WOULD BOOST THEIR REPUTATION. They were wrong. After starting the day with a slushy, Katy had already slumped back into her chair at the back of the choir room with Matt and Mike, knowing for sure that as many times as they got slushied, they'd never get used to it and guessing that they have many more to come didn't help.

Running into the choir room with his usual enthusiasm, Mr Schue had began drawing a stick person with a speak bubble on the white board before spinning back to face them with a bright smile, "hello." Not hearing any replies as the room glanced round at each other, full of confusion, he repeated himself and nodded for them all to reply, "what do you guys say when you answer the phone?"

"What up?" Mercedes answered confidently.

"Who this be?" Artie replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"No shes dead, this is her son." Kurt said emotionlessly, making the light laughter quieten slightly.

Breaking the silence, Mr Schue stood forward with an awkward clap of his hands, "okay, Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone liked to say 'ahoy-ahoy' when he answered the phone. It was Edison that decided that 'hello' was a more appropriate greeting. Look, I'm really proud of what you guys did at sectionals, but as most of you have realised by now, it hasn't made much of a difference in your day-to-day at school."

"I have a slushy-stained training bra to prove it." Rachel called out, unnecessarily.

"Fact is, we're gonna have to be better, even more spectacular at Regionals," Mr Schue told them, "its time for reinvention, some new New Directions. We need a new... hello. Here's your assignment for the week, come up with a fresh number, but it has to have 'hello' in the song title."

Before anyone could even really think about it, the bell had rung and the glee club were filing out of the choir room, ready for their newest assignment.

          ☆

RACHEL WAS DATING FINN HUDSON AND THEN SHE WASN'T. But after her revenge song of 'Gives You Hell' and a visit to the music store, she'd found it pretty easy to move on with a new guy, Jesse St James.

After hearing from Santana and Brittany that she was dating a key member of the enemy team, the New Directions were furious to say the least. Calling all the original members and Katy to the choir room, an intervention was called.

Knowing his way with words and his ability to stay harsh around Rachel, Kurt was chosen to do most of the talking, holding his finger up to show Rachel that her grin was not appreciated, "cut the butter, Benedict Arnold. We heard about your new boyfriend."

Letting out a sigh, Katy continued as Rachel took a step back, offended, "look, Rach, we're happy that you're happy." She started before Mercedes stepped in.