Chapter 1 - Blood spilt

Nightmare was forced to the ground, his brother on top of him. It was another fight. This time..the Stars were winning. Dream took the sharp end of one of his light blue arrows and tried to force it into his brothers chest and soul. Dream didn't want to hurt his brother but..Nightmare had gone too far..it was best for Nightmare to be removed..

permanently.

Nightmares hands pushed Dream's back, preventing Dream from impaling him. He was getting weaker and weaker by the second..Nightmare knew he would lose..he knew the outcome of this..

Dream glared daggers at Nightmare as he put more and more weight onto the weapon.

"So..your really gonna kill me Dream..?"

"..."

"That's fine..just..can I have one last thing..?"

Dream glared at his brother..he knew whatever he was asking for wasn't going to be good.

"Can I have a hug..? One last time before I go?" Dream was caught off guard by this..he gave no response. Nightmare took one hand off of the arrow that was still pointed as his chest, and placed that arm around Dream.

Dream snapped out of it..he didn't know what he was thinking, he couldn't kill his own brother! Not after everything they went through..

Dream tried to pull the arrow away from his brother..but everything must come to an end. Nightmare had let go of the arrow completely, causing Dream to fall. The arrow pierced Nightmare's ribcage and soul..

Using the last of his strength, Nightmare placed his other arm around his brother. He accepted his defeat. Dream, on the other hand, immediately regretted what he had done. he cried and pleaded for his brother to stay..he didn't want nightmare gone. He didn't know what he was doing.

Dream's cries were for nothing..it was too late.

"Thank you..Dream..I love you"

Nightmare faded to dust underneath his sobbing brother. The Star Sanses had won the fight. Every evil had been dusted..

But that led Dream to ask.."was it really worth it?"