Chapter 13 - Found

What seemed like hours passed as Nightmare rode downstream. He had ended up falling asleep from all the stress he had undergone. Nightmare wasn't very good at coping with his emotions. Despite the fact he was under the water, the sound of the water rushing calmed him as he slept. While yes, he couldn't touch water, but water always seemed so pretty to him. Nightmare soon awoke at the bottom of a large lake. The container has sunk to the bottom landing on its side. Nightmare opened his eye looking at the light from above the water. He had grown almost a centimeter in height. After a moment of looking at the distant light, he stood up in the small container. He could see people diving in the lake, but they were too far to possibly see Nightmare. Compared to most, this lake was very deep and large. He could see the delta where the river he had been thrown connected to the lake.

Nightmare tried to roll the container closer to the divers when he felt a tinge in his abdomen. He realized he hadn't eaten in ages. Not since just before the fight. Despite the fact he was dead for most of that time, he still felt like he hadn't eaten that entire time. The more Nightmare tried to push the container, the more the hunger bothered him. He was only able to make it about two feet before the hunger prevented him from moving. He started to cry once more as he wrapped his arms around his abdomen. He screamed hoping someone in the water would hear him. He screamed as loud as he could. He screamed for hours on end until his voice became raspy and quiet. Nobody ever noticed poor Nightmare. He tried to throw himself against the wall of the container hoping to catch someone's attention.

Blue had seen Ink jump down from the tree. The way Ink spoke to Nightmare filled Blue with fear. He had only a few moments to make a decision. He ran out of Ink's sight and began to warn Dream over the phone. Blue's worry increased when Dream hadn't responded to his messages. Unfortunately, Dream never read the messages. He was busy and had left his phone on his bedside table. Blue let out a stressed sigh and put his phone back in his pocket. He had seen Nightmare in that small container. He didn't exactly know how Nightmare was alive, but he knew he had to help him. He bagan running down to the lake where the lake ended.

Blue knew about Nightmare's reaction with water and knew he had to work quickly. He didn't know if the container he was in was watertight. On his way down to the river, he saw a shop that was selling fruits. Stuff like chocolate covered strawberries and other sweets. Figuring Nightmare was probably starving, he ran into the shop and quickly ordered just a few small things. The shop owner could see blue was clearly in a rush and got the items in just a few minutes. Blue had gotten the payment ready while they had gotten the food. Blue grabbed the food placing the cash on the counter before turning around and continuing his path down to the lake. Passerbys gave blue stange looks as they watched him run past them. Blue was a familiar face around the town causing him to draw attention.

The old lady was out shopping with her kids and the trio of kids. Debug was the one to spot Blue desperately running down the street and brought it to the attention of the rest of the group. Since Taipan was the oldest of the group, he began to run after Blue yelling for Debug and Tenpatch to follow him. They and the woman with her child started to follow Taipan as he ran. They didn't exactly know why they were running, but they knew it was something important from how panicked Blue looked as he ran.

Blue noticed the group of five chasing him. He gave a small smile as his confidence spiked. He knew they would help him if he truly needed it. Blue almost fell to the ground when he heard screaming in another part of the town. It was certainly a more wooded area. He came to a stop looking in the direction the screaming came from. He just knew that Ink was the cause of the screams, but he couldn't let that stop him. The army Nightmare had formed would be enough to protect everyone. Not wanting to waste time, he began to run towards the lake.

When the six got to the lake, everyone there had a worried face. They didn't know where the screams were coming from. Blue didn't pay much attention to them. He looked at the delta where Nightmare had entered the lake. He could tell that he was already in the lake just by the strength of the current. Blue tried to look for Nightmare while he was above the water, but the glare from the sun and the lack of light at the bottom of the lake made it nearly impossible to see the bottom.