Another Lifetime - Sam Wilson

Sam saw you standing with your hand on another man's shoulder. That action itself broke his heart. You laughing at his jokes and giving him a kiss only made his heart shatter. His heart ached for you. Aches for you to stand next to him, to kiss him, to hug him. His gaze fell onto your dress, the one that hugged your body perfectly. He recognized it as the one you wore to your first anniversary with him.

Seeing you happy, should have made him happy, but all he felt was a heartbreak. He wanted to be mad at you for being happy. He wanted to punch the man next to you.

But you were happy. He wanted you to be happy, not care for his own feelings.

The glint in your eyes that died out with him, had returned with your new boyfriend. The smile that dimmed, now shined once again. Your dark circles had now disappeared without the worried nights about him. Your melodic laugh returned from the depths of your heart.

You were happier without him.

Your eyes darted to where he stood. Your heart started hammering as butterflies erupted in your stomach. You held his gaze for a moment before he turned and left the scene.

You felt your heart drop to your stomach.

You weren't happy. You weren't okay. You weren't alright.

Not without him.

You wanted him to be there with you. You needed him with you. You needed to know that he was okay. You needed to see him again.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a laugh that you had come to enjoy and love. Not as much as Sam's, but it was one you had learned to love. You thought to yourself that you and Sam weren't meant to be. Not in this lifetime.

You're the adrenaline in my veins
sending shivers down my spine
but we had to save our love
for another lifetime

———

Enjoyed your heartbreaking for the last few chapters? Yeah, me too.

Don't worry though, because there's only one more heartbreak, which I'm posting today as well, and then I won't make more sad ones for a few updates.

No promises though.

Until next time!