1

How do you know that you've fallen in love,
Do your eyes glisten at the sight of them?
Does your stomach swarm with fluttering butterflies?
I wouldn't know.
I've never been in love.

My name is Helena Drake and I am currently on the train ride to Hogwarts School of Whichcraft and Wizardry.

My best friend, Adeline Fuller or Adi, as I call her, is sitting across from me whilst on the train.

"Are you excited to be going back?" She questioned with enthusiasm flowing out her mouth.

"I think so, I'm excited to have the ball this year," I shrugged and she rolled her eyes. "Wearing dresses and everyone dancing!" I exclaimed with bright eyes and a wide smile.

Adeline always told me that she loved my smile. It was so welcoming and it could turn anyone's day around. Before my mother died she told me that I have the same smile as hers. And we both share something called a kiss.

I know it sounds silly but it's true.

Adi looked at me like I had just told her I was pregnant or something. She fake gagged and I laughed. Even though we are both Hufflepuffs, she could totally pull off being a Slytherin. She has the wit that they do. To be honest I admire her about that, she's always been tougher than me.

I guess I could pull of being a Ravenclaw. I don't mean to sound snobby but I am pretty clever.

All of a sudden a knock emitted through the air and Adi and I both look up to see our other best friend Antonio Alvarez, who mind you is also a Hufflepuff. Now Antonio, I met through Adeline. She's always liked him since year 1, kind of sweet if you ask me. He's totally oblivious, always off with some Ravenclaw.

"Morning girls, you both excited?" He asked whilst sitting down beside Adi, who was gawking over him like he was a chocolate frog or something.

"Morning Tony, I'm sort of excited, but not as much as this one." Adi replied as she points her thumb over towards me. "Ah and why are you excited, Mae?"

He placed both elbows on the table and rested his head on top of his hands. Eager for a response.

I look over to see Adi just staring at him, I wouldn't be surprised if drool came tumbling down her chin.

I snorted at the girls actions and look back at Antonio.

"The Yule Ball." I bluntly said and looked down at the table in front of me, I couldn't look at them because I could practically hear their eye rolling.

Tony laughed which made me look up. "What's so funny?" I snapped whilst raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing, nothing it's just that uh-" he laughed once more. "Well, spit it out Alvarez!" I hissed and he put his hands up in defeat.

"Ok- ok. I don't think you're excited for the ball. I think you're excited for the action to come afterwards, if you know what I mean." He laughed while doing a sexual notion.

"You're disgusting." I scoffed but soon we all started laughing.

It all came to a halt when other laughter emitted in our car. I cock an eyebrow and look at Adi who just shrugged her shoulders.

I peer my head out of the door to check the hall, to find the source of giggles. My eyes landed a group of familiar Slytherins stumbling down the corridor. I roll my eyes and sit upright once more, facing my two best friends.

"So who was it?"

"Slytherins. More specifically Draco Malfoy and his pack of misfits." I seethed and lightly clenched my fists.