8

:) this is the look of this chapter

Part I

Today was the day of the Ball. Class was canceled for preparation purposes. The students were getting themselves ready. I was in my dorm with Aisha and Adeline. We all helped each other get ready, our hair, our makeup. Everything. My blush pink, gown fit perfectly. My golden brown hair, down with a little white ribbon in it.

"You look ravishing!" Adeline exclaimed as I twirled around. "Me? Merlin, look at you two!" I pointed towards the two of them and they widely smiled.

"I cannot believe Antonio finally grew a pair and asked you!" Aisha practically screeched to Adeline as she sat down so I could braid her hair. My fingers divided her blond locks, overlapping them, one after another.

"What I cannot believe is that, you failed to mention it to me! He asked you like what? 2 weeks ago?" I told the black haired girl who simply shrugged it off.

"You were too busy being in a bloody love triangle!" She giggled and my mouth dropped. "That is absolutely false! There is no love triangle. It's just a love- a love..." I furrowed my brows trying to come up with an answer "A love line! One straight line! Cedric and I. One line." I tried to argue back but the girls just laughed.

"Oh bugger off!" I chuckled as I finished Aisha's braids, adding an assortment of flowers into the crevices. "And what about you Aisha? Are you excited?" Adeline jeered and I could tell that Aisha was grinning.

"Yes, I guess I am." I put my hands on her shoulders and tap them, signalling that I was finished. "You guess?" Adi shockingly asked.

"I mean, I'm scared I'm going to catch my boyfriend dancing with someone like Pugface or something." She replied, fiddling with her fingers.

I glanced at Adeline who had a sorrowful look on her face. We all sat down on the bed. "So what? He's an ass anyways, it's his funeral." Adi reassuringly stated whilst rubbing her back.

"Thank you guys, you'll never know how much this friendship means to me." She embraced us both. "Stop it! You're going to ruin my mascara!" Adi laughed out.

"Now enough with the sappy stuff! Tonight we're going to enjoy ourselves." I said whilst standing up. "I agree. We should probably make our way down now." Aisha and Adeline stood up and we made our way down to the Great Hall, where it was being held.

I didn't know what the plan with Cedric was. He just told me to meet him there. My heart was pounding. Why was I so nervous?

I suddenly stopped in my tracks. "You guys go ahead, I'm going to get some fresh air." I told the two girls and they just gave each other a look of confusion. "Is everything alright?" Aisha concernedly pondered.

"Oh yes! Of course everything's fine, I just need some air. This corset isn't helping." I chuckled and they nodded their heads. "Alright well, we'll see you down there." I waved them off as I stepped out to the balcony, that over looked the castle. The cool wind of the nighttime air brushing against by bare shoulders. Sending shivers down my spine.