A Good Girl's Guide to Murder

Holly Jackson's debut novel "A Good Girl's Guide To Murder" is a thrilling page turner. Pippa Fitz-Amobi grew up in the same small English town that 5 years prior, witnessed the murder of schoolgirl Andie Bell. In 2017, Pippa starts a school project trying to prove that Sal Singh, who was convicted of Andie's murder, is innocent. She work's with Sal's younger brother, Ravi, to uncover the truth of what happened 5 years ago, but will this put her life in danger?
Throughout the book Jackson takes serious subjects like murder and suicide and handles them with care, although she also manages to take the edge off them by using humour. Despite the humour used to lighten the mood, there are also sections of the book so terrifying that you feel as though you can't breathe or you'll disrupt the tension. Holly Jackson managed to spin a story so intriguing that you can't put the book down and will have you constantly puzzled by the curveballs thrown, completely changing who the top suspect is. The book also contains entries from Pippa's log book, which is a very interesting addition, and it also helps to break down complex pieces of evidence and make them easier to understand.

I highly recommend it.