One of Us is Lying

ONE OF US IS LYING opens with four students heading into detention, all thinking they don't deserve to be there. Before long, a fifth student -- Simon, who runs a popular gossip app called About That -- dies in the classroom, and the four students are murder suspects. Not only were Bronwyn the brain, Nate the bad boy, Addy the beauty Queen, and Cooper the jock the only people in the room with Simon when he died, but they also all have devastating secrets Simon was close to publishing. As the story unfolds, it's possible the students have been framed, but they keep unraveling more of one another's secrets, leaving them all confused as to whom they can trust. They also learn Simon had plenty of enemies on campus, as he had wrecked many lives by posting students' darkest secrets and misdeeds. Romance, bullying, cliques, secret lives, cheating, and family issues entangle the four main characters as they try to figure out which of them did it or who would want to set them up for a murder conviction.

This is my favorite book of Karen M McManus. I loved the characters and I suspected Nate was responsible.

***Spoiler Alert***

One thing that disappointed me is that the title is misleading. In the end nobody is lying. Dun dun dun... None of them did it. That wasn't fair McManus.