♧ four ♧

" Something smells fishy

" Something smells fishy. "

-

Jungkook was leaving the toilet next to the dining area when he heard a voice call his name. Confused, he whipped his head towards the direction, only to frown even deeper when he realized that the voice came from the forbidden corridor Aeri had mentioned about.

"Jungkook!" The voice called out again, making him jump in shock.

It was a familiar voice, a voice he had grown used to hearing for the past few years of spending so much time with him. He took a small step towards the invisible threshold separating the hallway from the spot he was at.

"Jimin hyung? Why are you there?" Jungkook questioned. "Aren't you supposed to be cleaning the counter?"

"Jungkook, help me!" Jimin's voice suddenly became louder, and Jungkook gasped when he heard his friend's scream emerging from the dimly lit hallway.

"Hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed before running into the corridor, Aeri's words about this creepy place he was in all thrown out of the window.

All he could focus right now was Jimin's scream of help. Damn, he was scared, but his brother needed his help desperately.

He ran blindly down the hallway, his sandals stomping onto the creaky wooden planks beneath him. He then halted his steps when he reached a T-junction, and let his eyes take in the surrounding he was in.

Both sides of the T-junction was just as poorly lit as the one he just ran through, and he found himself staring at a huge family portrait hung right in front of him, at the end of the corridor. In the photo was a family of four, and he recognized Aeri's grandmother sitting down on a plush chair with a baby girl on her lap, along with a couple who looked to be in their mid-thirties standing behind the chair.

"Shit, why is it so cold here?" Jungkook hissed out while rubbing his arms up and down, his eyes averting from the portrait back to the two options he was left with. "Hyung! Where are you?!"

"I'm here, Jungkook!" Jimin's voice appeared again, and the youngest member of the boyband wasted no time to dash towards the left side of the T-junction.

"H-hyung?" Jungkook stuttered as he began to shiver from the sudden drop in temperature.

His eyes widened when he saw white mist escaping from his mouth. His nose then started to tickle at an odd scent wafting into his nostrils, rendering him wanting to gag at the unpleasant smell.

That was when he knew that something wasn't right. It was summer outside, so no matter how cold the summer house was inside, still there shouldn't be vapour mist escaping from his mouth due to the cold temperature.

Jungkook's eyes glanced around, and he fought back the urge to vomit when he saw moss and fungi growing all over the place, up right to the ceiling and down the long corridor.