♧ sixteen ♧

" Why can't you love me? "

-

Suffocating.

That was the only word the boys could think of as they struggled to leave the burning house.

Unfortunately for them, every single door available on the ground floor were all locked. Aeri's parents tried to help, but the vengeance of the spirit tied to the house was too strong for them to unlock the doors.

The boys did nearly everything to escape from this literal nightmare, including throwing furniture onto the windows, banging the doorknobs, but none succeeded. At this point, they were all slowly giving up as the toxic smoke roaming in the house kept getting thicker as time went by, causing them to start drifting in and out of consciousness as they did their best to fight off the drowsiness.

Ceilings and pillars continued to fall, and they thought that it was pretty miraculous for them to have survived up till now. The burning flame were all around them, still not touching them, but the heat was undoubtedly scorching their skins bit by bit.

"H-hyungs." Jungkook croaked out with his burning throat, eyes teary from the smoke.

"Y-yeah?" A few of them answered him.

"I just wanna say that I love you all." Jungkook broke into a smile, a tear escaping his eyes. "Thank you for bringing me up and shaping me into the person I am today. If we can't make it out alive, just know that even in our next lifetime, I'll still choose to be with you all."

"Don't say things like that, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung sniffled.

"Can't you see? We are doomed. Done for." Yoongi was sobbing as well.

He couldn't care less about showing his softer side when he was literally at the brink of death.

"I'll miss my family. And you guys. Like what Jungkook said, I'm thankful to have met you all this life and I'll meet you all again in the next." Seokjin spoke with a hoarse voice.

"Me too. I love you all so much." Jimin grinned slightly as he reminisced of the days they spent together as a group.

"Let's meet again in another universe." Hoseok cracked a broken smile of his own. "We're taking You Never Walk Alone quite literally huh?"

Weak chuckles escaped their dry throats. Expectantly, they turned towards their leader who had remained silent throughout the sentimental exchange.

"I know you're not dead yet, Rapmon hyung. Say something." Jungkook nudged his role model next to him.

The members waited for Namjoon to speak, all wanting him to officially draw the end of their lives together as their one and only leader. They waited, and waited.

They nearly thought Namjoon had passed away right before he let out a whimper as he cried.

"I-I'm so sorry for everything guys." He began with a stutter, not bothering whether the pain in his throat was killing him. "I want to be with you all in our next life. It's really damn unlucky of us to die in a haunted summer house, but at least, we are all together."