♧ one ♧

" Do you believe in the sixth sense? "

-

Aside from the heat, the boys' faces were tinted red by the girl standing at the doorway, her dark brown eyes shifting to a lighter brown underneath the sun as she scanned the boys with an unreadable look. She had a cute button nose and a pair of pink lips, a few dotted freckles on the apple of her cheeks.

Just like the exterior of the summer house painted with a myriad of happy colours, she gave off a similar vibe with her similarly vibrant choice of outfit - a neon pink oversized tee and a pair of black denim shorts with her neatly trimmed nails decorated with cute retro-themed stickers on them. Her long dark hair was tied into a high braided ponytail, and she looked probably the same age as the youngest member of the group.

"Are you BTS?" She finally spoke after staring at the boys who were still frozen on their spots while standing in a row at the front of the summer house.

"Yes, and you are..." Namjoon trailed off, his cheeks flushing even redder as he offered his hand for a handshake.

The girl smiled while accepting his handshake. "The name's Aeri, and I'm the granddaughter of the owner of Rainbow House, a.k.a. the summer house you guys will be working for the next two weeks."

"Nice to meet you." The boys said in unison and bowed slightly, still flustered by the presence of a girl whom they weren't expecting.

"Follow me, I'll show you your rooms and the things you have to do. Halmeoni went out to get groceries from the store." Aeri gestured the boys to enter the house, and they quickly obliged her by trudging along like lost little puppies, their eyes wide as they looked around the place.

The summer house was much smaller than what they had expected it to be, it was probably the size of a few seaside chalets combined together but with a few stories built above. There was a small chandelier hung above on the ceiling of the lobby, and a registration counter located at the left side of the entrance, with rows and rows of keys with different room numbers hung neatly on the board behind the counter.

"If you go up the stairs here, it will lead you to the guest rooms where you will have to clean," Aeri pointed at the stairs next to the counter, then turned to the other side of the lobby, gesturing to a hallway, "and if you use this hallway, it will lead you to the beach. Understood?"

The boys nodded.

"Good. Now follow me." She walked straight ahead, entering another corridor before stopping at a turn. "This hallway will lead you to the kitchen and the dining area, where you will also be working at."

"What if we go straight from here." Jungkook voiced out, jutting his index finger at the continuation of the hallway they were in.

Aeri grinned softly. "Jungkook-ssi, haven't you heard that curiosity killed the cat?"