♧ two ♧

" Too bad I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

" Too bad I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream. "

-

As the night came, the boys settled back to their rooms and decided to sleep earlier to build up energy for the works they would be doing tomorrow. The older four slept in the same room, leaving the younger three in the other room.

It didn't matter much anyway, since their rooms were connected. Living together for almost a decade made them immuned to each other's loud snores, so it should be easy for them to drift off to sleep just like every other day.

Well, it should have been be easy.

Jungkook groaned in annoyance, his eyebrows furrowing together while kicking his legs as he tossed and turned around, unable to fall asleep. He even resorted to plugging in his airpods to cancel out his hyungs' snores; even hid underneath his blanket, but no matter what he did, he just couldn't sleep.

There was something which was keeping him up, an unknown feeling watching his angered form kick around on the bed, crumpling the bedsheet he was sleeping on. He released another grumble when Taehyung's snore travelled into his ears from the above, and he was about to sit up to yell at his hyung when he felt it.

His eyes flew wide opened when he felt something so icy cold touch his sensitive feet exposed to the air inside the room. The touch started with a gentle poke on his big toe, making him freeze his wiggling toes when the touch started to expand further, covering his entire feet with its cold cold touch.

"H-hyung?" Jungkook stuttered, eyes not daring to peek out from underneath his blanket. "If it's y-you, stop it!"

The touch halted at his voice, the cold disappearing almost immediately. Jungkook rolled his eyes when he realized that it was indeed just one of his hyungs pranking him.

Pushing the blanket down, he shifted his gaze towards the end of the bed, wanting to scold his brother for scaring him like that, only to find his words clogged in his throat when all he saw was darkness and nothing else. He gulped with his eyes closed, his mind praying to whichever God he knew and subtly drag his feet back to hide underneath the blanket.

But before he could even hide them fully, the icy feeling was back, and this time, it wrapped around his feet to pull him harshly towards the end of the bed. Jungkook screamed, his legs flailing around to kick away whatever it was grabbing him.

And then the lights got flickered on.

"Kook!" Yoongi was the first one to charge towards the trembling boy, followed by the others stumbling into the room.

"What happened? Why did you scream?" Jimin asked groggily while Taehyung climbed down the ladder.

"H-hyung." Jungkook whimpered, his hot tears falling down his cheeks as he continued to shiver in fear, eyes not leaving the empty spot where the thing was at.