♧ twelve ♧

" I will never let you go

" I will never let you go. "

-

"Since the storm is going away, should we... you know... head upstairs to the fourth floor?"

Namjoon gaped at Hoseok as if he had just grown another head. The incredulity in his suggestion dumbfounded him, and he was about to reject his idea when Hoseok lifted a hand to stop him from speaking.

"What." Namjoon sighed.

"We can't just sit here idly and do nothing while our friends are in danger. Our phones aren't working either." Hoseok emphasized his point by showing him the group chat they had with their managers, none of the messages from them successfully sent out ever since the storm came.

"But going to the fourth floor is practically offering ourselves to the house you know?" Namjoon facepalmed himself, and after a moment of silence, he slumped his shoulders before glancing back at his band member. "Fine. Let's go then."

The two friends stood by the flight of stairs leading up to the forbidden floor, and cold sweat broke out on them when the ominous darkness began to engulf them slowly with every single step they take upwards. Hoseok latched himself onto Namjoon as they ventured upstairs, and looks of surprise painted over their faces when a corridor similar to the floor below welcomed them.

The only stark difference the corridor on the fourth floor had was the lack of both natural sunlight and artificial lights, the source of brightness being the flames dancing on candles hung on the walls. There were doors on both sides of the hallway as well, but something told them that it wouldn't be a wise choice to open any of them.

"This is weird." Namjoon whispered while walking hesitantly down the carpeted hallway.

"I expected something else up here, not another hallway but gloomy version." Hoseok added, and he jumped high in the air when a door got slammed open suddenly, creating a loud bang to echo in the deserted corridor.

"G-guys?!" Jimin stuttered out in bewilderment as he emerged from the door, his hair sticking out in every direction messily as if he had just rolled out of the bed.

"Hyung! Don't block the doorway!" Jungkook appeared next, his back carrying an unconscious Seokjin breathing slowly but steadily.

"Jungkook!" Namjoon and Hoseok cheered in joy the second they saw the maknae, and instantly, they ran towards the boy who had his jaw dropped at their voices.

"Our Jungkookie!" Hoseok cried out while checking his face for any injuries.

"What happened to Seokjin hyung?!" Namjoon gasped when he saw the blood-stained hoodie.