♧ five ♧

" I have to be strong

" I have to be strong. "

-

"Halmeoni!"

The old lady who had been knitting serenely on her rocking chair screamed in surprise when her granddaughter came bursting into her room. About to scold Aeri for her rude behaviour, she stopped and furrowed her eyebrows instead when she saw six other boys appearing behind her granddaughter.

The boys were still perplexed by the fact that there was a hidden room inside the house. It was where Aeri and her grandmother stayed in.

"What's going on?" Aeri's grandmother frowned, her grasp tightening onto the sides of her rocking chair.

"The house is at it again, halmeoni!" Aeri pleaded. "It took Jungkook this time."

"What?!" Aeri's grandmother gasped, her knitting materials falling onto the ground as she stood up abruptly while grabbing her walking stick. "This hasn't happened for the past five years, why is it doing this again?"

"With all due respect, what do you mean by again?" Namjoon scrunched his brows. "Has this happened before?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Aeri's grandmother exhaled a sigh while sitting down again. "The thing is, this house has a mind of its own. It chooses who it wants, and if it gets greedy for some unknown reason, it will start taking people away."

"And why are we only knowing this now?" Jimin was mad, but he still respected the old lady so he couldn't raise his voice at her.

"Because we aren't allowed to tell." Aeri answered on behalf of her grandmother. "It won't allow us to speak, and we are only able to tell you now is because it already has taken one of you guys."

"How do we get Jungkook back then? Surely there must be a way?" Yoongi tried to keep calm, even though he was starting lose his patience.

Aeri and her grandmother exchanged a look before shaking their heads. The boys' legs gave out and they all collapsed onto the ground.

Taehyung started to bawl, and Jimin quickly embraced him in a hug. The other boys teared up at Taehyung's broken look.

"Five years ago, the house took a group of friends, one by one." Aeri's grandmother began to narrate. "Before that, it would only take one at a time, but it somehow got greedy five years ago, swallowing up the group of friends to God knows where."

"Isn't this your house? Why can't you stop it from doing whatever it's doing?" Taehyung wiped away his tears, small sobs still escaping from his throat.

"Believe me, we tried abandoning the house once, but it backfired so badly. It got so angry at us that it had killed Aeri's parents."

The boys widened their eyes as they all glanced sympathetically at the girl. Aeri simply returned them a sad smile.