♧ eight ♧

" Expect the unexpected

" Expect the unexpected. "

-

The entire house shook when a loud thumping sound echoed throughout the house. All five boys who were reading flinched at the unmistakable sound, with Hoseok even falling onto the ground from the small stool he was using to read the books placed higher on the top shelves.

"What the hell was that?" Yoongi shot up from the chair, his eyes narrowing at the falling debris from the ceiling.

"Something's happening upstairs." Taehyung stated before dashing out of the library which was located on the ground floor and headed straight for the stairs which led upstairs.

"Tae!" The rest of the boys charged after him, the sound of their hurried footsteps reverberating in the house.

They didn't even see Aeri exiting from the dining area, ignoring her words of protests as they ran upstairs, chasing after Taehyung who was leading the group.

The boy had enough of waiting. His friends were obviously in danger, and still he was told to be patient and wait for the damn storm to pass first.

He was losing his mind, and all shouts of his name were blocked out as all he could focus at that moment was to find his friends and save them. His long legs continued to run up the flight of stairs, not noticing the looming darkness waiting for him.

"Kim Taehyung! Come back to your senses!" Jimin grabbed the collar of his friend's shirt and tugged him back, causing the taller boy to stumble down the stairs but was fortunately caught by the older ones behind Jimin.

"Let me go! We have to save them!" Taehyung thrashed around. "I said, let me go!"

"No! We can't afford losing another one of us anymore! Calm the f*ck down Taehyung!" Hoseok smacked his arm and hissed in pain at the force he had used.

The house then shook again, and the boys lost their footings at the intensity. Tumbling onto each other, simultaneously, they whipped their heads upwards to stare at the suspicious floor above them.

"You guys are insane if you're thinking of going upstairs!" Aeri shouted, her face red with anger while leaning on the wall to catch her breath from chasing after the boys.

"Then what? Whatever going on upstairs is obviously dangerous and our friends are in danger!" Taehyung cried out desperately, hot tears trickling down his cheeks. "We can't do anything to help them other than waiting idly for the damn storm to pass by. But the thing is, the storm which appeared out of nowhere is showing no signs of stopping either!"

Aeri's head dropped. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Aeri." Namjoon comforted, but the girl shook her head.

"If only there's a way to stop all these. I'm truly sorry." Aeri sobbed, and the boys couldn't help but to soften their hearts at her crying form.

As they spoke, the house continued to vibrate with the intensity only growing stronger each time, and it was as if there were heavy objects falling down and hitting the ground like a set of dominoes. No one knew what was going on up there, but the only thing they could do right now was to pray for their safety.