♧ fourteen ♧

" Only if there is an if

" Only if there is an if. "

-

The one and only light source in the basement flickered as the sound of a broken piano key cut through the silence in the house. Yoongi snapped his head towards Taehyung who was still trying to break the doorknob with a long metal pipe found in a drawer, his sneakers now totally wet from the water level now covering his ankles.

"What was that?" Yoongi asked in confusion, as he kinda recognized the unmistakable piano sound but he wasn't sure whether he was hearing it right.

At this point, he wouldn't be surprised if he had totally gone bonkers.

"Sounds like a piano." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, and he flinched when the house trembled slightly with more discordant piano sound echoing inside the house. "What the heck is going on up there?!"

"I don't know, but we really need to get out of this basement before we are drowned to death." Yoongi resumed his search for any sort of keys or pins which could be used to open the door.

Taehyung kicked the door furiously before storming towards his brother. "This is useless. I'll try to find another exit even though there isn't a single window spotted in here."

"Just do it Tae." Yoongi spoke while approaching a gigantic wardrobe covered with a dusty white cloth situated at the far end of the basement. "What are the chances of this wardrobe being the same one that leads to Narnia?"

"Very funny hyung." Taehyung deadpanned, but still, a small grin etched on his face at his hyung's attempt to brighten up the sullen mood.

Tugging the cloth down, Yoongi fanned the dust attacking his face away before opening the doors, bracing himself for more dust attack but instead of getting welcomed by that, he was greeted by another similar family portrait he had seen earlier in the corridor. He let out a scream when the people in the photo began to move.

"What what what— AHHHHHHHHH!" Taehyung yelled out loud when he saw what his friend saw before hugging Yoongi back who was already clung to him like a koala tightly.

Still screaming, the two fell onto their butts when Aeri's parents inside the photo walked closer with looks of surprise written on their faces. They placed their palms onto the inner side of the glass, their heads shaking while watching the boys stand back up only to stumble and fall again.

With hearts pumping erratically at the unexpected turn of events, the boys were about to shut the wardrobe door back close when Yoongi noticed a drop of tear falling out from Aeri's mother's eyes with her lips trying to mouth something towards them. He narrowed his eyes, doing his very best to understand what she was trying to tell them desperately.