Chapter 1

As the group of teenagers left the Walgreens store, they laughed and joked around. They jumped on each other and told jokes that weren't funny. They had wanted to buy chocolates and candy from different places all around the world, but the store didn't have anything they liked. They had already gone to multiple stores and were bored of going in and coming back out with nothing. They were tired and their limbs hurt.

The group of friends consisted of 4 teenagers. George who was 16, Alexander who was 15, Astraea who was 16, and Evette who was 15. They had grown up in the same neighborhood but didn't know each other until 6th grade. Even though 2 of the 4 were older, they were all in the same grade.

"Come on! Let's go to that mansion on the hill. I heard it used to belong to Brently Tuffin and his divorced wife," Alexander exclaimed.

"Brently Tuffin? Who is that?" Asked George.

"He was some rich middle aged guy that owned a mansion. People say he had a beautiful wife and a Rottweiler but she divorced him and took the dog with her," Alexander responded.

"Why did she divorce him? I wouldn't divorce someone if they were rich!" Shared Astraea.

"I heard that she was bored of him. But I also heard he used to abuse her and the dog. Both of them can be a lie. You can't be sure. Besides, isn't he dead and isn't his ex-wife in a different country?" Asked Evette.

"I heard about that too. She's currently is Portugal," Alexander answered.

"Actually? That sounds cool. I think we should go. It would be a fun experience and it won't take long. Just go in and come out. Maybe take some pictures but that's it," George assured the rest of the group.

"No way! Haven't you heard the stories our parents used to tell us, they made it sound like the mansion is haunted," Evette stated.

"You do know it was exactly that, stories. They were just trying to scare us into behaving. Besides, don't you read those ghost stories? " Retorted George.

"Can we go? Please! It sounds fun and our parents won't know. We'd be home before they even noticed we were gone," Astraea pleaded.

"I guess, but we better be home before our parents know we went to the mansion!" Evette snapped.

The other three teenagers gave yelps of joy and skipped along the trail. As they grew closer, the wind seemed to pick up. The leaves on the trees rustled and made noise. To others, the teens would seem rebellious, but to them they seemed to be free. Their parents set rules but they usually didn't follow them.

The teens came close to a gate, just before they could open it, it opened for them.

"Well that was creepy," Astraea mumbled.

Alexander pushed Astraea forward and made her go first. The girls were the most brave out of all of them. Even if the boys wanted to go to creepy places. As Astraea knocked, a group of bats left in a haste. The group jumped backwards and turned towards each other. They slowly pushed the door open and entered.

The mansion had looked old and rotted on the outside. The windows were broken and it looked like nobody had lived there for a long time. On the inside, they saw that the furniture that had white cloths on top.

As they looked around they saw most of the furniture was turned over and that there were scratches on the walls. Evette had noticed a white piece of paper on top of a old and ratted piece of cloth. It was torn but she didn't say anything to the rest of the group. Evette noticed numbers on the paper but didn't pay them much attention. She picked it up and put it in her pocket. As she looked closer she noticed something red on the cloth.

"Is that blood?" Asked Evette.

As the two boys and the other girl looked over, the door shut behind them. The room and the house went dark except the moonlight shining through the broken windows.