eighteen

As days flew by Draco hasn't been showing up to classes. In fact he was no where to be seen. He wouldn't attend parties, wouldn't hang out at the common room or the library. He didn't even visit the secret place, not even once. Ever since that day, he completely shut me out, no he shut out everyone. I gave him the space he needed, I tried my best to butt out of his business but I just couldn't.

I decided to not think about it just yet and get ready for my block 2 class. I run out of the door, ignoring Draco, well ignoring everyone. I run to the great hall and sit beside Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

"So, what did you guys get for your homework?" I ask them. "Well, I didn't do it" Harry takes a bite of his waffles. "Well I did, what about you?" Hermione asks me. "I didn't do it" I look down.

"Oh well no biggie I will give you the answers" She smiles. Ron and Harry give each other a look. "Really? We have been friends with you since first year and you never gave us the answers" Ron said while taking a sip of his milk. "Yeah, well she is smart and does her homework unlike you" Hermione replies.

--

The class was boring, the homework wasn't even turned in. We just had to go over it and all. I kept looking around the classroom, I was bored. I then see Draco, he looked sad. He had eye bags, and just in general looked like his soul left his body. He was hurting a lot. I give him a soft smile and he sees it, instead of smiling back he just looks down.

Finally, the class was done, I walk out of the classroom and run straight to our common room. We had a break, actually a one hour break, plenty time to take a power nap. I throw my clothes away and get under my blankets.

--

Those 45 minutes of my nap were amazing, last night I couldn't sleep because of the kiss. It was just way too overwhelming. Plus Pansy's party was blasting their music off. It was tiresome really. I walk out of the room and tears start rolling down my face. Hot tears.

"Sorry" I mumble and run out of the door.

So, now you are probably wondering why the hell I am crying and running to the girls bathroom? I caught Draco and Ruby together making out. It was like all of those words he said to me, were nothing. Perhaps they were nothing.

I finally got to the girls bathroom, thank god moaning myrtle wasn't in sight. I look around the stalls to see if anyone was here, well no one would be. I sit down on the floor and hug my knees. I look at my wrist and see it is 10:08am, I am already late to class, why not just flunk it.

10:56 I am still here my next class will start in about 30 minutes, I hug my knees tighter. How foolish of myself, to love someone like him. How foolish of me to wait for him while he is doing god knows what. I am a foolish person, a very gullible foolish person.

Just then I hear footsteps, very loud. I run to the nearest stall, and stand on the toilet seat. It was probably a teacher trying to find me. But I couldn't go out looking like this. My eyes were all red from all the crying.

"Why did you bring me here?" A voice asks. I couldn't identify the voice, it was so faint. So, quite that I couldn't tell who it was.

"I think you know why, when will you complete the task?" A voice says. I let out a gasp. I can tell that voice from anywhere, even if they are whispering. It was Snape. I quickly cover my mouth, thank god they didn't hear that.

"I can't do it, I can't kill him" The voice whispers. What task? Who are they going to kill? "You have a mark now, you cannot decline the task, or Voldemort himself will kill you." I get it. They are death eaters. Snape was one of them. I kneel down trying to tell who it was by the shoes or the clothing. I look down and see that the first one is just wearing some pants. No fancy clothing. It was a student. No one wore fancy clothing to our school other than teachers. If only I could see their tie and blouse, then I would know what house they are in.

"Very well, now. You must complete this task, you must kill Dumbledore" Snape says before leaving. Before I could gasp I cover my mouth once again to think of what just happened. There are not only one death eater within the school grounds but two. And the other one was a student.

They were on a task, sent by Voldemort. They were going to kill Dumbledore.

--

When the student left I still couldn't figure out who's name it was. I get down from the toilet seat and walk over to the sink, turn the water on and splash myself with water. My hands were shaking. I was scared, very scared.

I run out of the washroom and grab my friends arms. "WHat?" Ron yells. I drag them to an empty classroom.

"What I'm about to tell you will sound horrific" I warn them. They all freeze.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

When I tell them, Harry turned pale. They actually froze. They couldn't believe the words I was saying.

"Do you know who the student is?" Ron asks.

"They were whispering, pay attention" Harry nudges him.

"Okay, I don't get it why is this student and Snape trying to kill Dumbledore. He was nothing but nice to Snape and for the student. He loves all of us like his own children, we need to tell hi-" I grab Hermione's arm.

"No," I yell. "if you do you wont be playing the cards right. We first have to figure out who the student is." I declare. "Yes, true" Ron nods.

"I was first thinking it would be the slytherins, although there are almost 90% of them being purebloods. Meaning Voldemort associates with purebloods, also meaning there is a higher chance of one of them being one. But now, what I don't get is that Voldemort is very intelligent. He might've given someone else the mark. It could be anyone" my voice starts to shake.

"It could be the slytherins, the hufflepuffs, the ravenclaws, even the gryffindors." I say. "No, it can't be, it can't be us" He tries to defend his house. "It can, at this point it could be anyone, we can't trust anyone only us" Ron looks at me.

"You are right, we need to first find who the student is, then report the student and Snape to Dumbledore before it is too late" I say.

"Yes, now lets all leave the classroom one by one and stay quite. Oh and, if someone seems suspicious, just let us know Isabella" Harry smiles. "Will do" I nod.

--

I walk to my common room, at this point I don't even care about the kiss with Draco and Ruby. No, I have to figure out who it is before it's too late. I ought to do that.

--

Authors note.

this chapter is a bit short but it will get better!!!!