ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ ɪɪ

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮

ᴡɪʟʙᴜʀ
ʟ'ᴍᴀɴʙᴜʀɢ

Eret's blood is dried on my legs as I reach the border between the Dream city and Manburg, seeing the place lack all color, lack all life, lack everything I tried to build this nation on. I sneer in disgust as I see the plaza, see the people being happy, unaware of the destruction I'm about to insinuate.

But one thing does catch my attention, well three things.

first, is Vienna leaving the van, arms crossed and a frown on her face. I left Manburg right after Tommy shot Jschlatt, and it's been a good amount of time since then. She must have either stayed with Schlatt as he died completely, or just went back in for something. But the former seems more likely then the latter.

Second thing, Technoblade. The pink haired man, though seeming to still have his guard up and looking around for potential threats as Vienna gets closer to him, has a small lift in his mouth. He has a small smile, a small grin. From my vantage point, it would seem like he had a normal, relaxed expression, but from the way his teeth are slanted and his scars seemed strained, it was easy to tell he was happy.

And finally, I see Tommy heading towards the podium, a bright, though nervous, smile was painted on his face. He didn't have his sword on him, but still wore the heavy armor as he climbed the short stairs to the top. I hear a tapping of a microphone shortly after, and a few words before hearing my name being called by the child.

"Wilbur, has anyone seen Wilbur Soot?" Tommy says into the mic, looking around for me as I stand on the hill, nearest to the button room. I was so close to the damn thing I could almost smell the gunpowder.

"Wilbur-" I groan, and head down the hill, hands stuffed into the trench coat pockets. I play with a piece of lint as I make my presence known.

"I'm here." I say, loud enough for everyone to hear, and wait for further instruction. Tommy smiles and waves me up to the podium, big blue eyes full of pride and joy.

As I pass people by, I hear a few whispers, a few judgements being passed among each other. I don't pay them any mind, no even taking the time to comprehend what the person was saying. Instead, I keep my head level, and my feet moving, not caring that my legs were covered in blood that was not my own.

When I finish climbing the stairs, I see Tommy gesture to the microphone, his smile staying persistent. "Welcome home, Mr. President." Tommy says, stepping back to allow me the space I would need to, I guess, make a speech. I should feel ecstatic when I hear the words, Mr. President, but ever since Jschlatt was elected, they just leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Nonetheless, I stand in front of the crowd, in front of the microphone, taking my hands out of my pockets to formally resign from the presidency. No one speaks, no one cheers, no one does anything until I finish speaking.

"Well, after all this time, after all the hardships and broken hearts, we did it. We successfully took back L'Manburg from the tyrant Jschlatt." I start strong, seeing the joy fester throughout the citizens, through the people I didn't trust anymore. I continue. "Many of you here today know that before we held the election, before we fell into the dark, Tommy and I were President and Vice President. But over these month, over my time in exile, I've found that I cannot be your president any longer." I hear gasps among the people, some staring shook and from the corner of my eye, I see Tommy become worried.

But my attention falls on Technoblade, and the line of people forming in the back of the plaza, holding newly acquired weapons. Technoblade, once having a smile on his face, now had the most fear insinuating, disgusted look, a sneer someone who felt betrayed would ware. His fists were clenched, knuckles turning white from the restraint he held. It looked like he was about to explode with anger.

I mentally smile, then continue. "So, Tommy, please." I motion for the mic, before stepping away completely. "Take your spot as the president." and he does so with a smile, and I walk off the podium while everyone stares at the blond boy. As they do, I fall behind the podium as Tommy starts he speech, starts his reign in a nation that was going to blown away right under his feet, right under everyone's noes.

They were aware of the TNT planted under L'Manburg, have been for a while, but I don't think they were expecting me to blow everything up, ignite it in a flaming ball of glory, burn the word to the ground right in front of them all.

But I was ready. I was ready to end it all, because the thing I built this nation on doesn't exist anymore, and I wanted to be at peace. I wanted to sleep forever, sleep with the knowledge that I did what I needed to do, what was right.

I can live with that, I was fine with living with that.

So I say, over and over in my mind, repeating it to my soul, my ears, my body, let it explode.

𝟿𝟷𝟿 ᴡᴏʀᴅs