wikipedia

PARK AH-RIN (Korean: 박아린; born February 20, 1996), known professionally as Diana (Korean: 다이아나), is a South Korean-American singer, producer, songwriter, composer, choreographer, model, and actress

PARK AH-RIN (Korean: 박아린; born February 20, 1996), known professionally as Diana (Korean: 다이아나), is a South Korean-American singer, producer, songwriter, composer, choreographer, model, and actress. She signed as a trainee in Big Hit Entertainment in 2011 and debuted as a female soloist in 2015 at the age of 19 (international age) or 20 (Korean age). She debuted with her debut album, "1996". Although her following album, "Mellifuous" (2016) brought mainstream success, it was after the release of her "Reputation" (2018) album that made her achieve both national and international success.

Born | Park Ah-Rin
February 20, 1996
Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Other names | Diana • Anna • Rina

Occupation | Singer-songwriter • choreographer • producer • model • actress

Years active | 2015 - current

Genre | K-pop • R&B • Ballad • EDM

Labels | Big Hit Entertainment • Columbia Records • Def Jam Japan

Awards | List of awards and nominations

Website | diana.ibighit.com

Hangul |박아린

Diana has released a total of 5 studio albums along with 4 Japanese albums and a lot of singles throughout her 5 years in the music industry. She is the best-selling solo act in the entire K-pop industry. Billboard recognized Diana as the all-time leader of its charts with the most number-one songs and the artist who has held the number-one position for the most number of weeks.

She became the first Korean soloist to receive a certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for her track, "Look What You Made Me Do", as well as the first Korean soloist to reach number one with her album, "reputation" (2018). She is the first all-Korean act to reach number one on Billboard Hot 100 with her album, "Lover" (2019) for 2 weeks. In 2020, she reaches number on again on Billboard Hot 100 with her album, "REFLECTION" (2020) and stayed number one for 4 consecutive weeks before BTS took her place with their single all-English song, "Dynamite" and a remix of "Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)".

Having sold over 20 million albums on Gaon Music Charts, Diana became the best-selling artist in South Korean history after BTS. Diana was ranked 48 on Billboard's Top Touring Artists of the 2010s, the second non-English speaking act on the list after BTS. Selling out Cotton Bowl Stadium in Texas and Rose Bowl in Chicago. She is the first soloist to ever sell out concert tickets in Cotton Bowl Stadium and Rose Bowl Stadium. The three-night concert in Rose Bowl was sold out, and broke the single highest-grossing engagement in Rose Bowl Stadium history.