Chapter Seven

The next thing I knew the police were knocking on Bryanna's door. One of them must have called. They started asking me questions, I couldn't refuse to talk to them because that would only make them bother me more.

    "Do you know the man who kept you hostage?"

    "No."

    "What did he look like?"

    "He wore a mask the entire time. I never got a good look at him."

    "Where were your parents at the time?"

    "My mother left when I was young and my father and I were at our new house just outside of Sydney. I went out to go food shopping and that's when the person took me."

    I panicked, that was the only thing I could think of. The officer wrote all this down on a small pad and then stood up. 

    "We would like you to come down to the hospital and get checked out. It would be the best thing for you."

    "Go Juliet. It will all be alright."

    I turned around to see whose voice it was and to my surprise it was Skip. He nodded and I nodded back. The officer escorted me out and into his police car. We drove to the hospital where a nice woman took me into one of the rooms. I changed into one of the hospital robes and she took out a camera. She documented every single bruise and scar that I had on my body. 

    They gave me some medicine for the dehydration. It turned out that was why I was so out of it. The same officer took me back to Bryanna's house. Before he drove off I ran back to the car.

    "Wait! I think my father left the country. I wouldn't worry about it. He's always on buisness trips. Thank you for everything."

    I hated lying to the police but it was the only thing I could do. I couldn't risk getting sent back. I got back inside Bryanna's house to see that most of the boys left. The only two left were Beau and Skip. Beau was probably staying just to hangout with Bryanna.

    "Luke couldn't take it, he had to leave. God Jul, you look so different."

    Beau's comment was completely accurate. I had dropped some pounds, much more than necessary. My face looked completely different. They stayed for a while to make sure that I was alright. Once they left i turned to Bryanna.

    "You need to take me to the store. Please."

    We went to go get hair dye. I also picked up a pair of scissors. By the time I was finished I had short hair just touching my shoulders. I did a pretty good job for just cutting it myself. I also dyed it a darker color than my original hair which was blondish. 

    Bryanna went to sleep but I couldn't. I've had insomnia for a while now and this whole situation made it worse. Not knowing how everything would turn out. Surprisingly I still remembered all the local places. I put on a sweatshirt and leggings along with my combat boots.

    I walked to the local coffee store that was open 24 hour. I walked in and ordered a latte. The worker handed it to me and as I turned around I saw a familar face. I sat down across from him and smiled slightly.

    "Hey stranger."

    Luke's big brown eyes looked up to meet at mine. Except he didn't smile, he seemed upset.

    "Hey."

    I took a sip of my coffee even though I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it down. I tried to read his facial expressions but I was getting nothing.

    "Luke...why are you here so late? It's 3 in the morning."

    "Whay are you here?"

    "I asked you first."

    "Don't you get it Jul? I've been lost without you. Ever since the day you left I haven't slept...So I just come here."

    "Luke. You need to sleep. Please I'm here now. I'm fine."

    "Look at you! You don't look fine."

    He took my hands and pulled up the sleeves. I couldn't bare to look down.

    "See."

    He got up and stormed out. I quickly chased after him. I was blinded as people with cameras started snapping pictures of Luke. A lot can change in a month. The Janoskians had become more popular than ever before and now more people were recognizing them. But how would i have known. 

    I grabbed his hand and he turned to face me.

    "Please. Can we just talk? You still have that date remember? From daresundays..."

    He frown quickly turned into a smile. I knew that would make him confront his feelings and actually talk to me. She firmly took my hand and led me towards the park.