ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝕋 ℍ ℝ 𝔼 𝔼

"ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀɴᴇss ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʀ. ɪᴛ ᴇᴀᴛs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴛ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ғɪʀᴇ. ɪᴛ ʙᴜʀɴs ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ."

 ― ᴍᴀʏᴀ ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴏᴜ

Peter was on his way back to his Queens apartment when he saw a strange figure leaping between two buildings. He narrowed his eyes as he watched it stand in place for a moment before taking off again. Peter shot his web towards a nearby building and followed it. This could have been the creature he had been waiting for. Peter took out his phone and called Ned.

"Ned! I think I found the monster guy!" Peter exclaimed.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm gonna follow it and plant a tracker on it!"

Peter hung up and put his phone in his pocket. He didn't have time to change into his suit in a nearby alleyway, so he settled for just wearing his mask instead. The teen swung through the streets of Queens, following the dark figure. He tried his best to keep up, but it was very fast. Much faster than Peter. He found it more difficult to move quickly with his backpack on, however, he couldn't bring himself to leave it somewhere since he had a habit of getting it stolen.

The dark figure stopped on top of a tall apartment building and Peter was finally able to catch up to it. He landed behind the figure and pointed his finger at it.

"Hey, I finally caught you, man!" Peter exclaimed, "or ma'am. I'm not really sure what you are."

The figure turned around and revealed its grotesque features. Peter literally gasped when he saw its face in person. It was terrifying with its large mouth and fangs and long venomous tongue. Peter actually felt fear when he looked at it.

"You're the Spider-Kid," the creature spoke with a deep hoarse tone.

"Spider-Man!" Peter corrected, flailing his arms, "I'm a man!"

The creature wasted no time launching itself towards Peter. The teen rolled out of the way in time to dodge but then found himself rolling again when it came in for another swing. The creature was unlike anything he had ever fought before. It was fast and large, but Peter wasn't going to let that deter him. The teen jumped to a nearby air conditioner.

"What are you?" he asked.

"I am... Venom," the creature answered ominously.

Peter tried to hold in a laugh, "Venom? What kind of name is that?"

"I don't expect a child to understand."

"I'm a man!" Peter retorted before leaping off the air conditioner. Venom attempted to claw at the teen, who managed to avoid his swings. Peter was having a hard time dodging its attacks efficiently. Peter leapt on top of a small doorway leading to the rooftop.

"Why are you killing these people? They didn't do anything to you!" Peter yelled.

Venom licked its teeth with its tongue, "people are weak. They need to know who really has the power... the strength. They need to fear me... respect me."

"I hate to break it to you, but fear doesn't equate to respect," Peter said, matter-of-factly.

"We're the same, boy," Venom started, "we have all this power... this strength. And people walk on us as if we are inferior."

"You're human?" Peter asked, clenching his jaw.

"I am more than human... I am a being of great power. Unearthly. I am no longer the weak and puny human I was before."