ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝕊 𝔼 𝕍 𝔼 ℕ

"ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ, ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴏɴ."

"Camryn, I'm home!"

Lance Foster came through the front door of their home from work. He held his shoulder bag and jacket in his hands as he closed the front door behind him with his foot. He didn't hear a response from his daughter but he heard one from his mother, Naddia. Lance set his bag down and hung his coat on the rack before heading to the living room. On the couch sat Naddia who was watching TV.

"Where's Camryn?" Lance asked his mother.

She shook her head, "I don't know, I thought she had some kind of extracurricular activity or some bullshit like that."

Lance sighed, "mama, it's seven at night. She should be home by now."

"Maybe she having sex with her boyfriend," Naddia grinned.

Lance glared at her as he pulled his phone out and tried to call his daughter. Of course he didn't believe that she was out having... sex. The thought of it made him shudder. He just wanted to make sure she was okay. He clicked on her contact and called her. After several rings the phone never answered. He tried calling again but still no answer. After a third time, it went straight to voicemail. No ringing, just a deadline.

Lance immediately called Peter next. He had hoped that maybe she was with him, and that she was safe. But after several attempts to get a hold of him he had never answered.

Naddia looked over from the couch, "she's not answering?"

"N-no," Lance muttered, "where the hell is she?"

Camryn woke up to a very cold and murky feeling against her skin. She felt pressure around her abdomen and arms and felt her neck stiffen when she tried to lift her head up. She darted her eyes around the room and could barely see anything. It was dark, and she could hear the water droplets fall from metal pipes. She took a deep breath and coughed as she felt the buildup of fluid in her lungs.

It was freezing.

"H-hello?" she coughed, trying to call out to anyone that might be there with her. She heard a rustle from a distance but couldn't see anyone nearby. It was dark, and she hadn't quite adjusted to the lack of lighting. She tried to move her body but she was tied to a cement pillar with what appeared to be three metal pipes.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up."

Camryn shot her head up as she turned to face the direction of the sound she just heard. She looked up and saw a man leaning against a torn down drywall on a second level of whatever building they were inside of. She narrowed her eyes to try and get a better look but she then closed them as the lights suddenly turned on. They weren't very bright, but it was enough to allow her to see where she really was. It was a very large room, and it almost appeared to be some kind of run down warehouse from the early nineteen-hundreds. The three floors had caved in and there were holes in the ceiling. It was raining outside so water was leaking through and traveling down the loose metal pipes around the warehouse.

"You are quite the little fighter." She heard the man say again. He jumped from the second level and landed on the floor across from her. She had a much better look at him now. He was the same man from the subway, with the dark grey pea coat and dirty black jeans and worn boots. His face was dirty, and his hair was soaked. Probably from the rain. Camryn herself noticed her clothing and hair were damp, which was probably the reason she was so cold.

"Yeah well, I obviously didn't fight hard enough," Camryn spat.

The man chuckled as he stared into her eyes, "gave me a hard time."