ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ ℕ 𝕀 ℕ 𝔼

"ɪ'ᴍ sᴇʟғɪsʜ, ɪᴍᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɪɴsᴇᴄᴜʀᴇ. ɪ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀɴᴅʟᴇ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀɴᴅʟᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀsᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀs ʜᴇʟʟ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ." 

― ᴍᴀʀɪʟʏɴ ᴍᴏɴʀᴏᴇ

It had been three months since Peter's fight with Venom. Camryn and Peter were closing in on their six month anniversary, and Peter wanted to do something very special for her. They had been together for half a year now, which was much longer than most high school relationships.

Peter compiled a list of all of her favorite things. She loved Star Wars, sunflowers, the summer time, coffee, jewelry, computer science, sleeping, that diner off of 21st Street, drawing, 80's music... Peter scratched his head as he pondered over the list. Oh, pretzels. She loved pretzels.

"May!" Peter called for his aunt from his room. May came and opened the door to his room, standing in the doorway. "Yeah, sweetie?"

"I need your help with something," Peter sighed as he held a notebook in his hand, "I'm trying to plan a special day with Camryn for our six month anniversary and I don't know what to do!"

May had a huge grin on her face, "maybe just take her to her favorite place. Like a restaurant or park."

"May, I have like, ten places to choose from," Peter whined, "I mean, what should I do specifically?"

"Okay," May came into the room, "this may sound crazy but... just be yourself?"

Peter gave her a look of disapproval, "you are literally no help."

May laughed, "oh come on, Peter. You try too hard! Camryn is a girl of simplicity. She doesn't like huge, extravagant gifts or gestures."

"I just don't want her to think I don't care..." Peter sighed as he leaned his head against his desk. May placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Simplicity often proves longevity."

Peter raised a brow at her.

"Simple, genuine gestures are cherished forever by those who are open to appreciate them."

Peter frowned as he thought about what May had told him. He liked doing grand gestures, he was a romantic! Camryn, however, would rather just appreciate the little things and often found grand gestures to be annoying or lacking in substance. Peter would just have to find a way to be the hopeless romantic he loved being while providing that simple experience Camryn loved.

Camryn stood in her bathroom doing her makeup. Peter had told her at school yesterday that they would be going on a date today. She honestly felt kind of excited. It's been a really long time since they had a genuine date with just the two of them. She asked him what she should wear, and he insisted she wear something nice. When he told her that, she became even more excited. It wasn't often that they got to go on really nice dates.

She decided to leave her hair down in her natural curls. She put on a glittery dark purple eyeshadow and black winged liner with false lashes. She finishes it off with a dark red matte lipstick. She looked at herself and smiled, satisfied with her look. She went to her closet and looked through her clothes. She pulled out a dark purple silk corset from Victoria's Secret. Her grandmother bought it for her while she was in town. Camryn never, ever thought she would wear it. She was pretty sure her grandmother got it for her as a joke.