ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝔽 𝕀 𝕍 𝔼

"ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ."

 ― ᴊᴏᴀɴ ʟᴜɴᴅᴇɴ

Camryn went to the school the next day without Peter. He never showed up at her house this morning and she tried calling him, but he never answered. She called Ned to ask if he had heard from his friend, but he said he hadn't. Camryn waited until she was at school to confront Peter about it. She was very worried about him after he stormed from her house the day before. She knew he was going to try and pursue Venom, which is why she was so worried. What if something had happened to him?

Camryn met up with Michelle near her locker before the first period. Michelle was her usual self when she asked Camryn about her mood.

"What's wrong with you?"

Camryn let out a weak laugh before opening her locker, "I'm just worried about Peter."

"Why?" she asked, leaning against the locker next to Camryn's.

"He was angry yesterday and stormed off. I just want to make sure he's okay but he hasn't answered any of my texts and calls."

Michelle shrugged, "well speak of the devil."

Camryn turned around and saw Peter at his locker. He was putting books away and seemed in a very sour mood. Camryn closed her locker and approached him.

"Hey, what's going on?" Camryn asked worriedly, "I called and texted you a bunch yesterday and you never answered."

"I had better things to do," Peter responded coldly, not even looking Camryn in the eyes.

Michelle and Camryn stared at each other. This was so unlike Peter. Usually he was happy to see his girlfriend. He would even give her a kiss every morning when they saw each other. But today he didn't. He didn't even acknowledge her.

"Are you mad about yesterday?" Camryn asked, a little annoyed with his attitude, "I just want to make you're okay-"

Peter slammed his locker, "maybe I didn't answer your calls because I'm tired of being smothered by you!"

Everyone in the hall stopped to look at Peter. Ned was only a feet away but stopped dead in his tracks. Camryn was taken back by his sudden outburst. Peter was usually the affectionate one in their relationship, so why was he being so mean to her?

"What's your problem, Parker?" Michelle stepped in.

"Mind your own business, freak!" Peter spat.

Ned stepped in between the three teens, "dude, what are you doing?"

Peter glared at Ned before shoving him out of the way, "get out of my way."

Ned, Camryn, and Michelle were left alone in the hall, confused. They had never seen Peter behave like this before. He was always so nice and kind of awkward but now he was so cold and mean. Camryn was especially hurt because she was his girlfriend. He was perfectly fine the day before. Well, he was on edge but he was still Peter. He didn't seem like himself at all.

The rest of the day went on with Peter not talking to anyone. All the classes they had together, Peter ignored them. Ned had tried to talk to him on multiple occasions, but he was pushed away. Ned couldn't figure out why his best friend was being so cold to everyone. Especially Camryn. He was treating her the worst. It made her feel horrible.

It was lunch and Ned, Camryn, and Michelle sat at their usual table. They were waiting for Peter to join them, but he never did. He actually came into lunch late in a foul mood. Like he didn't want to be there at all. They watched as he went to get his lunch. He seemed so angry and cold, and they couldn't figure why.