7- I Wonder

DAY FOUR

It had been at least two days, where the two would just move from room to room all around the castle, avoiding the roaming Death Eaters who made camp in the school.

It was completely deserted, no students around, no teachers around, and their friends hadn't even tried contacting them.

"Slytherin Common Room, now." He ordered somewhat softly, and like always, they'd pack their stuff and go to stay in the new area that they chose, or that they decided on their own.

They never really talked or asked for either ones input, they just read books or did their own things. They even had one person looking out and the other would sleep, but that was if they'd heard some movement or action from the Death Eaters lately, but they had quieted down a bit.

But they still heard yells or cackles down the halls and moving staircases, and sometimes they'd pretend they never heard such things.

Sometimes Hermione thought it was her mind playing tricks on her.

Sometimes Draco thought he was having his nightmares again.

And deep down, Draco was nervous, scared maybe, that they'd come and find him and tell him to come back again, when he really, really didn't want to.

Sure, he was confident and didn't really care about who saw his Death Eater Mark, I mean, it wasn't going away anytime soon, so why should he have to be the one to make it easier for everyone and cover it up? Why couldn't they just mind their business and turn their eyes away if it was so uncomfortable to look at?

Hermione groaned and it snapped Draco out of it. He ignored her but she did it again and the book she was holding fell down on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..nothing." She mumbled but she proceeded to groan louder and she threw the book in pain across the room.

Draco's eyes widened. Hermione Granger throwing a book? Now something was definitely wrong.

He got up and picked the book up, closing it and putting it back on the shelf, but not before he grabbed a random book and went to sit cross legged beside her. She was laying down, her arm over her eyes and she noticed someone sit down next to her, and she revealed her eyes to look at him. Draco noticed some pain in her eyes.

"What?" She asked annoyedly.

"I'm going to read you a book to calm you down, because I think that's what you do when a child is having a tantrum." He joked as he opened the book.

"It's not a tantrum you git!" She muttered and pinched his arm.

"Ow!" He said dropping the book and rubbing his arm. "That hurt, what's wrong with you?" He smirked a bit.

"Don't be such a child." She rolled her eyes and grabbed the book, looking at the cover.

She chuckled and put the book beside her.

"Why are you laughing? And hand me the book so I can read it."

"It's weird how the Slytherin Common Room has a Muggle book, Malfoy."

He reached his arm over her body and grabbed the book to look at it. "This, is a Muggle book?" He said surprised but hid it quickly. She nodded like it was most obvious.

Curse Blaise and Theo! Those gits told him it was a book by a wizard! Why did he listen to them so easily?

He should have trusted himself when he knew he'd never heard of these books his friends recommended to him al of a sudden. I guess deep down Draco knew the Muggles had talented writers, way more talented than of the Wizards and Witches.

"Look who's having the tantrum now?" She raised and eyebrow at him. "Go ahead and read it, or are you chickening out?" She smiled faintly at the ceiling as she spoke. She just wanted him to read the book so she could see what he thought of it.

"It says it's a tragedy-"

"Oo! I like those!" She suddenly became interested and turned to him.

"Yeah you would, wouldn't you? Since you're so tragic." He muttered but she ignored and chuckled.

"Once upon a time-" He stopped when she rolled her eyes. "What?" He asked annoyedly.

"Nothing, it's just most boring Muggle books start like that." She sighed. He closed the book and tossed it.

"Then I'll just say one I know off by heart." He said leaning back on his hands and she looked at him weirdly. He knew stories? Probably not good ones.

"It all started when he had been abandoned at a young age, his parents leaving him." He sat back up properly and put his hands on his knees.

"He had been found, near a prison, and was raised there. He was taught by the inmates that bad was good, and good was bad. And he liked it like that.

He had a brain of a mastermind soon enough, and broke them all out of their cells and the prison.

But he had gotten caught and sent to a school for children to try and have him learn properly with a proper education." He paused and looked down on her when all of a sudden she put her hand on his knee and panicked.

"Hey, do you hear that?" She started freaking out and shaking him by his jacket.

"Maybe I would if you stopped shaking me about!" He hissed and pried her hands off. He hadn't noticed he was still holding her hands in his.

They went quiet and listened outside for moment and sure enough, someone was trying to take down the front portrait. They got up hurriedly and packed their things, and went to the door, taking out their wands. They pointed it to the door as it swung open, and they were met with two Death Eaters. They all looked at each other in surprise and Draco suddenly casted spells at them, which snapped Hermione out of it and she joined him.

They slowly made their way out of the portrait of the Common Room as they shot spells at them, the Death Eaters were blocking their spells and moving back as the two teenagers got closer.

"Stupefy!" They had yelled the same spell at the same time coincidentally and the Death Eaters fell over the railing, and down in the deep dark pit under the moving staircases.

They hadn't even intended to throw them off the railing. They hadn't even noticed the railing being there. The two moved to the railing and looked down as they fell and disappeared quickly, their screams ceased and faded away.