Chapter 2 - "Thank you, Tikki."

Marinette's P.O.V
8:00
Outside Adrien's Classroom

"That man..." I mutter to myself. This isn't the first time I've had to being his lunch in. I've done it so many times, the office just told me to bring it to his classroom, instead of calling him to the office. He was happy the first couple times I came in, but he soon got annoyed. He's been focusing on his work so much, he has missed many of Louis' baseball games, which happen every Sunday. I hate to say it, but he was turning into his father. I've had enough.

I wave 'Goodbye' to the secretaries and make my way out to the car. Alya is waiting in the car with Hugo, Louis, and her twins, Nathan and Natalie. I get into the car, I'm not smiling. "Was he not happy to see you...again?" Alya whispered, she didn't want the kids to hear, even though they were talking together. A tear falls down my face and I nod. She hugs me. I wipe my tear and hug my best friend back.

I start the car and drive Louis, Nathan and Natalie to Kindergarten and Hugo to daycare. "Did you see daddy, Mommy?" Hugo asks. I put on a smile and look ba k at him. "Yeah! I did!" I said. I drove to the Elementary School, which was about 2 minutes away from the High School.

When we arrived, Alya and I got out of the car, and helped the kids out of the car. "Bye Mommy!" Said the kids. They kissed their moms 'goodbye' and went into the school. I then drove Alya and Louis to the daycare, which was 5 minutes away for the Elementary School.

When they arrived, I walked Louis into the building, leaving Alya in the car. I hold Louis' hand as they walk into the classroom. "Good Morning, Louis!" Says one of the teachers. He smiles. He hugs me. "Bye Mommy!" He said to me. I kiss his head. "Bye Sweetie, I love you!" I say, and I walk back out to the car.

"Okay, now that there are no kids in the car..." Alya said. "What's going on with you and Adrien?" She asks me as I start to drive. "Honestly, Alya, I don't know. He never eats dinner with Hugo, Louis and I. He's always in his office doing work. I get it, you have work. But, they only time spends with us is whenever he kisses the kids' heads in the morning." I frowned, so did Alya. "That is sad, I'm so sorry Marinette." She said to me.

"I have to have a talk with him when he gets home, and he's going to listen whether he wants to or not." I say to my best friend. "You show him, Girl!" She says assuringly.

I drop Alya off at the News Station, and drive to the Agreste Brand. When I get there, I walk to my desk and sit down. Is my marriage falling apart? I ask myself. What happened to Adrien that made him get so cold, similar to his father? It couldn't have just been the school?

All of this thinking made my head ache. I took a pill and worked on some designs. Felix, Adrien's cousin who-, honestly I don't know why he's here, walked in. "Hello, Felix..." I say, concentrating on my work. "I'd just like to ask if you, Adrien, and the boys wanted to come out to dinner with Bridgette and I tonight?" He asked. "Sure, I'll text Adrien to see if he's free." He's probably not free.

Kitty♥️

Hey...
Felix wanted to know if
we all were free for dinner
tonight with him and Bridgette?
Do you think you can make it?

"I texted him. I don't think he'll be able to too, but it was worth a shot." I say to Felix. "I'll tell you what he says when he responds." I fake smile as he walks out of the room. "He's not gonna come, Tikki." I say to my kwami.

"You don't know that." She said reassuringly. She hugged my shoulder. I stand up. "He's changed, Tikki. I'm worried about our relationship. I've put so much on the line for him, and he just doesn't listen..." I say, leaning against the wall. Tikki looked confused. "I never told you this..." I said to her. I walked over to the large window, leaned my arm against it and looked out to the highschool in the distance.

"I got a...um... scholarship for the biggest Fashion School. It was in New York. I didn't accept it, I knew he would've wanted me to to take it, but I didn't.  I was scared of what would happen if I moved away.

Then, a few months before we got married, I was told by Audrey Bourgeois, 'Even though you didn't come to the college, I have decided to let you work here.' I wanted to do it, Tikki. I wanted to do it so bad. But, I knew he loved Paris. His mother died in Paris, he never wants to leave Paris. I also knew he wanted to be a teacher in Paris. He wouldn't of been happy in anywhere else, but Paris."

A tear fell down my face. "You never told him any of this?" She asks me. I shake my head. "Tikki?" I say to her. "Yes, Marinette?" She asks me, hugging me. "Am I the reason our relationship is on the rocks?" I ask her. She shakes her head and flies in front of my face. "You made huge sacrifices for him and his happiness. He might not know that, but he is caught up in his work. You aren't the cause of any of this. He is in charge of his own actions, you aren't the cause of this."

"Thank you, Tikki."