Chapter 9 - A Million Dreams ~ Part 2

9:00
Marinette's P.O.V
Hospital Room

Alya walks through the door. "Mari!" She runs over to me and hugs me. "I'm so glad your okay!" She says. She backs away and Nino hugs me. "I'm glad your good, Dudette." He says. "Thanks you guys."

"Where are the twins?" I ask. "They're at Nora's house. We just wanted to see how you were." Alya says. "Well, Thank you." Louis and Hugo look out the window. "When is daddy coming back?" Hugo asks. "He should be here soon, hunny." I respond. Alya doesn't say anything. "What did happen between you and Adrien?" I ask. She looks down. Nino looks out the window.

"Auntie Alya hit daddy!" Hugo shouted. You gotta love kids. Alya buried her face in her hand. "You did what?" I ask. "I might of gone off and smacked him..." Alya said. "It's just...I blamed him for the incident. Everything is just happening so fast. It's like one second your in a happy marriage, and the next your in a hospital bed."

"I appreciate you defending me Alya, but next time don't hit my husband." I smiled. She looked up and smiled back. Soon, my parents walk through the door. "Hi, Honey!" My mom excalims as she hugs me. "Hi, Mom."

She looked around the room. "Where's Adrien?" She asks. "He went home to grab my purse...which had my wedding ring in it." I admitted. "So, you two are all good now?" My dad asks. "Yeah. I remember last night. I could hear the worry in his voice and realized that he does really love me. I know he wouldn't hurt me." I said.

Seconds Later, Adrien walks through the door. "I'm back!" His eyes widen as he saw everyone standing there. But, he soon redirects his attention back to me. He rushes over to me and slides the ring back on my finger. "Please don't ever scare me like that again." He said the me. I nod, he kisses my head.

Everyone finds a seat and we're all talking. Alya and Adrien never exchanged glances. The doctor walks in. "Oh! It's good to see your awake, Mrs.Agreste." The doctor exclaimed. "I thought you'd said you've been up for a while?" Adrien asks me. "It's 9:30. I've been awake since around 8:30." I explain.

"Anyway, how are you feeling?" The doctor asks. "I'm okay. I'm a bit tired. And, my body aches all over." I explain. "That's to be expected." He walked over to me. "How's the baby?" I ask. All the adults' eyes widened except the doctor's. I think they forgot about the baby. "Well, by the looks of it, the baby is fine. But, we won't know for sure until further down the road." I nod. "If you heal at a steady pace, you should be out of here in at least 3 weeks."

I look down. "Okay, thank you." The doctor leaves. "3 weeks?" I whisper, loud enough so Adrien could hear me. He wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder. "3 weeks is enough time for you and the baby to heal completely." He assures me.

Alya looked at me. "Umm...Girl? When were you gonna tell me about the baby?" She asks me. "I was going to...but then everything happened." I explained. "It's alright. Um...Congratulations." She said to Adrien and I. "Thank you." He replied. "I hope it's a girl!" Louis exclaims. "I hope it's a boy!" Hugo adds. "Mommy! Do you want a girl or a boy?" Louis asks. I look at Adrien. "I would love a little girl." I say. "So would I." Adrien replied.

"Hah! Your outnumbered!" Louis said to Hugo. Hugo pouted. "Louis." I laugh. "Be nice to your brother." Louis pouts. "No pouting." Adrien laughed. The boys continued to pout.

5:00
Marinette's P.O.V
Hospital Room

My parents took the kids home. And, Alya and Nino left. It was just me and Adrien.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I should've known you would've never kissed Lila." I say to him. I start to cry. He touches my face. "Don't cry. It's not your fault. I'm so sorry for everything. Ever since I took the job, the world has just crumbled around us." He started to cry. "I feel guilty for all of this. I am guilty." I hug him. "You are not guilty. Lila is guilty." I say to him.

"Hey. Remember in high school, when we had about A Million Dreams about our future?" He asks me. "Yeah." I laugh. " I had your photos all over my walls. I even picked out the kids' names when I was 14." I laughed.

"We really did have a million dreams of our future together..." He said to me...