Chapter 8 - A Million Dreams

4:00 A.M
Adrien's P.O.V
Bedroom

"Where are you going?" Asks Plagg, as I crawl out of bed. "I can't sleep." I walk downstairs, Plagg following. I walk into the living room and sit down. I turn on the news. Of course, I'm still the top news. I switch the channel. "Again, me." I whisper to myself. I turn off the TV and walk into the kitchen. I grab some tea and sit down at our kitchen island.

The house seems so empty without Marinette. I miss her so much. "I wonder who the one was who hit Marinette?" I ask, Plagg. "I'm gonna guess it's Lila. She is the one who ruined your relationship." I had a lightbulb moment. "Yes! I can get her arrested if I prove her guilty."

"Woah! Slow up there, kid. You'd have to go court, and they don't allow cheese there. So, I'm not going." Plagg pouts. "Well, whatever. It's not like I'm the one who supplies you your cheese. Oh wait, I am." I look over at Plagg. "Fine, I'll go if you can get a solid case.

A few moments later, Louis walks down the stairs. "Louis, shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask my son. "I couldn't sleep. I worried about mommy." Louis started to cry. I walk to him and hug him. "Everything will be okay. Okay, my little kitten?" I look at him. He nods slowly. "Come on, go sit on the couch. I'll bring down Hugo." He nods. He walks over to the couch and sits.

I walk upstairs into the three year old's room. He is peacefully sleeping, cuddling a stuffed black cat plushie. So cute! I walk over and carefully pick him up. He rests his head on my shoulder. I kiss his head and carry him downstairs.

I sit next to Louis and he leans against me. He falls asleep. I lay Hugo down next to me. Plagg lays on a chair and we all fall asleep.

8:00 A.M
Adrien's P.O.V
Living Room

What a restless night. Louis' eyes flutter open. "Good Morning, Louis." I ruffle his hair. "Morning, Daddy." He yawns and sits up. "Can we visit mommy today?" He asks. "Umm..." I think. Should I? "I guess we can." He smiles. "Yay!" Louis shouts, waking up Hugo. He yawns. "Good Morning, Hugo."

"Good Morning." He said. "Guess what, Hugo!" Louis said. "What?" Hugo asks, rubbing his eyes. "We're going to go see Mommy!" Hugo's eyes lit up. "Really?" Louis nods. "When can we go?' Louis asks. "As soon as we're ready." Louis and Hugo look at each other. "Let's go!" The boys run upstairs.

I laughs and follow them upstairs to get myself ready. He changes into a black t-shirt. I put on jeans and tie on my sneakers. I go in and check on the boys. Louis is already dressed in a t-shirt and shorts. But, Hugo is struggling. "I need help." He says as he gets the long sleeve stuck on his head. Louis laughs, so does Hugo and I. I walk over to him and help him. "There."

"Thank you." He says. We walk downstairs. "Let's go see Mommy!" Hugo shouts. We walk outside and I strap the boys into their car seat. I get into the driver seat and drive toward the hospital. It's sunny, so let's hope it goes well.

When we arrive, I help Louis and Hugo out of the car. We walk into the lobby. I walk them to an elevator and we go up to the third floor. We walk down the hallway into her room.

We walk in. I was shocked when I saw her wide awake. "Mari?" I ask. She nods and smiles. I run to her and hug her and kiss her. "When did you wake up?" I ask her. "This morning. I knew you would come, and I wanted to surprise you."

"Two little boys missed you." I backed away and Hugo and Louis were smiling. Marinette held out her arms. "Get over here." She said. Hugo and Louis ran and hugged her. "Oh, I love you boys." They smiled. Once the hug broke loose, I spotted her bare hand. "Where's your ring?" I ask her. She put her head down. "I took it off at my parents' house."

"Do you know here it is?" She nods. "It's in my purse." I nod. "I'll call Nino. Then, I'll go grab the ring."

"Don't you want to wait for Alya and Nino to come?" She asks. I shake my head. "Me and Alya are not on good terms right now. I think it's best if she sees you before she sees me."

"Oh, well okay." I call Nino. "Hello?" He asks. "She's awake." I say. "We'll be right over. But, I'd keep my distance from Alya. She's still mad."

"Don't worry. I have to run home and grab something. She'll get in a better mood when she sees Marinette, that she won't even mind me being there." I pause. "I hope." Nino laughs silently, so Alya can't hear her. "Anyways, I talk to you later." I say. "K, see you later, bro." I hang up. I walk over to Marinette and kiss her head. "Alya and Nino should be here in roughly 5 to 10 minutes." I tell her. As I turn around, she grabs my wrist. "Can you call my parents?" She asks. I nod.