Chapter 10 - Operation: Get The Liar

1:00 P.M
Adrien's P.O.V
2 weeks later
Hospital Room

"So, our suspects are Lila Rossi, Lila Rossi, and Lila Rossi?" She said to me. "Yes." Marinette is healing. We dedicated the past 2 weeks to her healing. So, now we were focusing and getting Lila in jail.

"Sabine, do you have any security cameras outside of the Bakery?" Alya asks. And Yes. We did have a group of people at the hospital trying to find out who hit my wife.

"Yes. We can look, but I don't think we'll find anything considering it was dark and raining." My mother-in-law says. "Exactly." Agrees Tom. "Adrien, isn't your cousin a policeman?" Asks Nino. "Yea. My cousin, Felix." I say. "Is there anyway he could help us?" Alya asks. "Yea, he should be able to. I'll call him." I get up and call my cousin. I walk to the corner of the room.

"Hello?" He asks. "Hey, Felix. Is there anyway you could come to the hospital?" I ask him. "Yes, why?" He asks. "I'll tell you when you get here. Floor 3, Room 17." I hang up.

"He'll be right over." I tell them as I sit next to Marinette.

1:25
Adrien's P.O.V
Hospital Room

About 30 minutes later, Felix arrives. ( I bet you never guessed Felix would become a police man 😂)

"Hey, Felix." I say walking toward him, shaking his hand. "Thank you so much for coming." I thank him. "No problem. Oh and um...why am I here?" He asks. I show him the group of people. "What's going on? Why is your wife in a hospital bed?" He asks. "Really? I thought it would be all over the news." Especially since he's a police man, I think to myself. "She was hit by a car and we're trying to find the guilty person." I sum it up.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad she's doing better. Anyway, who is the suspect if you have one?" He asks. "Lila Rossi." Felix's eyes widened. "Oh. She's definitely guilty." We all looked at him confused. "We haven't even showed you the evidence." I say to him. "She's my ex-girlfriend. I know how she thinks. This is something she would do." He explains.

"Okay. Now, what should do to prove her guilty?" My amazing wife asks. "Well, if security cameras don't work, get her phone. If she has her location option on, our tech team back at the station can see where her phone has been and when. Let's just hope she had her phone with her." He explains. "I work with her. She doesn't leave anywhere without her phone." I add.

"Okay. Now, how much longer do you think you'll be in the hospital, Marinette?" He asks. "At most one week." She answers. "Okay. That gives us just enough time to get evidence. I'll set up a trial at the courthouse for one week from today." He looks at me. "Adrien, you go to work. Distract her so you can slip away her phone, if there's no way you could steal it, bring a friend." I look at Nino. "I'm going with you, dude." He responded.

"Sabine and Tom, check the security cameras. I'm guessing it was dark outside if you couldn't see her face, so turn up the brightness. If you need help, I can always help you. And, if we're able to get the brightness on the video light enough, we should have ourselves a solid case for the court."

"Thank you so much." I say, shaking my cousin's hand. "Your Welcome. Now, I will get us a time at the court room. I gotta get back to the station." He waves good-bye to everyone.

"Operation G.T.L is ago." Alya says. "What the heck does that stand for?" Marinette asks.

"Operation Get The Liar."

3:00
Felix's P.O.V
2 days before Marinette leaves the Hospital
Dupain-Cheng Bakery

I walk into the bakery. "Let's get investigating." I say as I walk over to the computer that is hooked up to the Security Cameras. "When was she hit?" I ask. "February the 28th." Sabine responds. I look back at the computer and select the date. A screen pops up.

"I need some air." You can hear Marinette says as she walks outside. She looks both ways, there's no car. She starts across the street, a car comes out of no where and hits her. I rewind and rewind until I get it a good angle of the face. I turn up the brightness.

"Aha!" I exclaim. "Miss. Lila Rossi is guilty." I say. "Wait..." My excitement fades. "The judge could think we edited this." I sigh. "I hope Adrien and Nino get ahold of her phone." I say.

3:05 P.M.
Nino's P.O.V
High School

Adrien walks into Lila's Classroom as I hide outside the door in the hallway. "Hey, Lila."  He says. "Oh! Hi, Adrien!" She exclaims. "Oh! Hi, Adrien!" I quietly mock her in a high, annoying, pitched voice. "That's a very pretty picture." He says. He coughs. "Excuse me." He says. Our code word was a cough. I peek my head through the open door and see the two adults facing a wall. "Oh! Thank you! Ladybug actually made it for me back in High school. We were the bestest of friends." I scoff, accidently loud enough for them to hear.

"What was that?" She asks. I cover my mouth as I huddle underneath a desk, trying not to be seen. "I'm sure it was nothing." Adrien reassures her. They focus their attention back into the wall. I sneak around and crawl to her desk. I peek my eyes over the desk like a secret spy. I silently hum my secret theme song. "Carapace....Carapace the best superhero! Carapace... Carapa-" I am interupted by a glare on Adrien's face. I sigh.

I sneak my hand into the desk and swipe the phone. I quickly crawl outside and back into Adrien's classroom. I can hear their conversation. "Well, it's getting late. Gotta Go, Bye!" He quickly walks away and into his classroom. He closes the door behind him.

I stand up. "So much for being non-chalant." (idk how to spell that) I face palm as he responds, "Come on. That was the most non-chalant I've ever been."