Chapter 6 - Never Enough

(Song for this chapter:)

4:30
Marinette's P.O.V
Dining Room

Well, so much for a family meal. "Well, you guys go play. I'll clean up." I smile at my children. They smile at me. "Okay, Mommy!"  Louis runs upstairs, Hugo slowly follows him. I sigh. "Can you help me, Tikki?" I ask my Kwami. "Of course, Marinette!" Tikki picks up extra napkins and forks. She places them in the sink as I clean up the rest.

Once I finish, my phone rings. It's Alya. I answer. "Hello?" I ask. "Turn on the news!" She shouts, I can hear the sadness in her voice. "Okay?" I turn on the News Channel.

"New People who are watching! Breaking News!" Nadja Chamack says as a picture appears on the screen. "No..." I start to cry. It's Adrien kissing Lila. "He claims to be happily married, but here is Adrien Agreste kissing Lila Rossi."

"Alya." I say. "Yes?" She asks. "If Adrien asks where I am, don't tell him." I hang up the phone and run upstairs. "What's wrong, Mommy?" Louis asks. "Oh nothing, honey. But, umm. Pack up your things. We're staying with Grandma and Grandpa for a while." They look confused. "What about daddy?" Louis asks. I start to cry more. "Come on, let's gets your things together." I help them pack their things.

I then walk into my room. I take a picture of me and the kids. I take my makeup, my sketchbook, and my clothes. When we're all packed, we walk downstairs. "I'm so sorry, Marinette." Tikki whispers.

We walk out to my car. I buckle Louis and Hugo into their car seats, and get into the driver seats. I drive through the pouring rain. Funny how whenever me and Adrien go through tough times, it always rains.

When we arrive, I help Louis and Hugo out of their car seats and carry their bags. The bakery is about to close. We walk into the doors as my parents clean up the bakery.

"Sweetie..." Mom whispers. Apparently, she saw the news. She rushes over to me and hugs me. "Dad, can you take the boys upstairs?" My dad nods. The boys walk upstairs with dad. My mom hugs me tight as I cry. "Everything will be alright." She whispers into my ear. "Come on, let's get you upstairs." My mom walks with me up stairs. I go into my old bedroom.

"Wow, so many memories." I whisper. Tikki flies around. "I remember this is where we first met." She points to an empty spot where my desk used to be. I get changed into my pajamas and walk on the balcony.

I look down at the highschool and see Adrien walk out. He waves goodbye to someone. He looks up, I think he saw me. I quickly turn around and walk back downstairs into the living room.

"How long are we going to be staying here, mommy?" Louis asks. I run my hands through his hair. "I don't know, sweetheart." I stand up from the couch to grab something from the kitchen. I look down at my wedding ring. I pull it off my finger and put it into a zippered pocket in my purse.

"Grandma!" Hugo shouts. Mom looks up. "Yes, dear?" Hugo smiles. "Mommy is gonna having a baby!" My eyes widen. "Really?" My mom asks. I nod slowly and start to cry again. Mom gets up and hugs me. "How about we all go downstairs and get a cupcake and give your mommy some space?" Dad says. Hugo and Louis nod and walk toward the door. My parents hug me.

They walk downstairs. Tikki flies up. "I was planning to tell Adrien before my parents." I say to her. "We were gonna do a cute reveal." I say to her. She hugs me. "Well, congratulations on the baby." I smile.

"Thanks, Tikki..."

(I know this chapter was short, but I have ideas for the next chapter!)